World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there new member here.

fished penarth tues from 3pm to 12pm fished to the right of the lifeboat ramp.

had some whiting, pouting and some ling. about 5:45 had a real rod bender of a bite and pulled in a 12 lb conger, well happy. he had took a small pouting that had took the bait earlier. Probably going back xmas eve.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi wward..Welcome to the site mate!!

Congrats on the Conger, sounds a beauty..Fished there myself a few weeks back, pretty quite but still had a couple of nice whiting around 1.5lb. Fishes hot n cold down there..
There's been some nice cod caught there in recent years...can only hope and dream.......
Pottsy

·
Registered
282 Posts
welcome wward Fished there myself on tues from about 12:45 till 5 :00 all i had was a small eel and that came late, thought i was gonna blank only seen 2 other fish caught on either side of me . Supprisingly quiet this 4 this time of year so congratulations on your fine catch. was it u who had the fire goin lol.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
me and my mate were the 2 fishing down from the guy with the fire going.
There were quite a few out that day.
We saw some codling from here a few years ago. my mate had 3 on one night only running to about 3lb.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome to the site wward, fish there about two weeks ago, bout 20 rods out one pout between all, good to hear it can fish well though!
JD

·
Registered
370 Posts
wward said:
hi there new member here.

fished penarth tues from 3pm to 12pm fished to the right of the lifeboat ramp.

had some whiting, pouting and some ling. about 5:45 had a real rod bender of a bite and pulled in a 12 lb conger, well happy. he had took a small pouting that had took the bait earlier. Probably going back xmas eve.
Hi wward,
is this the lifeboat ramp to the left hand side of the pier?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts