World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and "Let it hang" are Gonna give penarth a go later on. Any advice on best rigs and bait (I,ve never fished there before) High water is 17:40, Anyone else fancy tagging along, If so your welcome..

Regards

Ja5on ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Jason,

I'm sure Poach will send you some info as he's the Penarth/Cardiff expert but i'll tell you what i know...Penarth pier can be good if you can tolerate 20/30 fellas throwing their lies all over the place...D'oh. I've fished quite a bit infront of the lifeboat station, (further past pier) in the winter, its comfortable and also you are 1 minute from the car. The ground here is sandy/small rocks so 2 or 3 hook pat is normal. I've done well here on macky and worm baits.
Further on again is the Ranny pool (if you do a search on Ranny/sewer/penarth you can get the directions and probably more info but it involves a small climb down the cliff face aided by a rope if you can hack it!!!! This area is a lot rougher ground, so pullies and rottom bottoms are the way forward..Anywayhope thishelps.Do a search on the above and it should trow up loads of stuff...
GOOD LUCK, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GO!!

Pottsy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ja5on,
Don't forget that the Sewer & Ranny Pool are predominently Low Water marks allthough you are generally OK with tides up to a Max of 12.0 metre, after that you start running out of beach behind you, fine if your at the sewer as you can "Climb back up" the best tides for these venues are the monthly Springs at Low water -2 hrs to +2 hrs, No hard fast rules, thats the beauty of Sea Angling you never know what will turn up!! ;)
The Sewer can also fish well using unconventional methods, float fishing, also don't be afraid to let your lead roll around a bit there are a couple of snags so try to avoid the "Cut" for the most part it's layed slab rock ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help guys. We fished it 3 up and 3 down. Not a hugley productive session but never blanked. I did enjoy it though.. And that climb down the cliff is quite adventurous until you get to the exit.... Sheesh twas buzzin..:eek:

Thanks for the PM poach, sounds good to me

Regards

Ja5on

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
as i say ja5on we can all av a session together soon m8. give it a bit more time an the billy bass may appear? we hope? c u butty?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts