World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fished the white wall penarth 2 rods lug & squid on 1, rag & squid the other had five nice whiting all about a lb+ all on rag bar 1 on mackeral. First cast, first fish pulled the rod of the stand loads of slack line got excited for a miniute thinking cod but wasn,t to be. JUST MY LUCK. Any 1 else been fishing penath recently.

·
Registered
198 Posts
yeah been fishing penarth quite a bit.
Ranny's gone a bit quiet for cod over the last few weeks, but hopefully will pick up with the cold (i know been saying that all year, when's it gunna get cold then lads?), plenty of nice size whiting from Dock beach to White wall.
Also a few good Flounder if you can reach the mud flats down dock beach, even a few schoolie bass showing now and then!!
Barry's starting to pick up now with a few cod about try the points @ low water and the knap on highs

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello JD what point do u fish on low @barry, does nells point fish on low if so do u actually fish off the weed bed on the point or to the side of it only fished there on high myself. Is there n e more low water marks around barry thats worth ago. Lunker

·
Registered
198 Posts
Morning Lunker,
I tend to fish Nell's more in the summer, as you pointed out you do have to fish on the weed making it very snaggy but it can reward you with a good conger in the summer and chance of a codling in the winter, but remember that when the tide starts to push up fast the rip can be very strong.
Other good marks are Friars piont and Cold knap point both can be good on high and low, if you fish any of these marks i would recommend rotten bottom rigs.
Lug and squid has worked well this year on the point's this year for codling, bass, doggy's, pout, whiting and conger.
You could try the dock by the new housing development, can be hit or miss, but every now and then throws up something you don't expect (had a Gurnard there last week!)
Good luck @ any of these
JD

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
on the rocks on low, behind butlins, used 2 b great mark. had 5 cod in a day there. there r deep gulleys about 70yds out. we even fish as close 2 there in a boat, has produced some good double figure cod over the years m8.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry JD i was actually talking about friars point never fished nells got mixed up for a mo. But thanks for the info anyway, when the tide runs can u move round to the side if so which side do u recomend. can u fish around there on high. I only ever fished friars on high facing coldknap. Not been this winter though need to get down there soon for a change of venue Poachers mark sound fish think that deserves a go too cheers lads. oh and does any 1 know where toms point is?. Lunker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts