World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonering if there are any good dvd's or book's that anyone can recommend to learn how to do it???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do what me and Mark did, take you Rod some bombs and shock and go up the Comprehensive on the Red Gravel, It's around 200 yards and your lead doesn't get stuck in the mud like it would on the field, If you end up casting the whole Red Gravel you can just move backwards up on the Rugby pitch still casting onto the Gravel. Your leads will get smashed so use your ****ty ones.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i have watched it mate. it is good. but still struggling with it???? we will have to go down to s.w.c the last sunday of the month mate see if they can give me any tips. i need all the help i can get??? hahaha.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hiya ****** mate. havent thought of that mate going up the school. massive area that is aswell. i go up the field behind my house and its a nitemare cos i get tangled up in the grass all the time. do you and mark pendulum cast then mate????? any tips. hahaha.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think that is the best thing for me rich mate. get a decent teacher to show me the ropes. do you know of anybody that does it???? was going to pop up to surf casting wales up in cowbridge soon so hopefully they can help me out or push me in the right direction anyway???

·
Registered
287 Posts
hello m8 ,stick a hole through a tennis ball ,pass the line through and tie a swivel on the end and clip it back on to the top where the line goes in . this will help with your timing and you won't hert anyone by mistake .the hardest part is timing. when you think your timing is right and your cast is going straight .try a lead
a tennis ball weighs about 5oz .you won't get the distance ,so you don't have to have such a big feild and it never gets stuck . hope this help .

timing timing timing

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
:g: this casting bull pees me off:g: why go up a field? i dont know,to each his own i suppose:g: no offence,beats the crap out of me though:clap2:

·
Registered
439 Posts
best advice you will get is, have instruction. No video is ever going point out your faults, dropping your shoulder, turning to fast etc, go to surfcast wales on the cowbridge road, last sunday of every month, I was pants when I joined in december, now hitting over 205yds, £10 to join, first lesson free, all the help you can handle, £6 a month then on, lots of **** taking, everyone is friendly. But be warned, it is very addictive.:secret:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hello m8 ,stick a hole through a tennis ball ,pass the line through and tie a swivel on the end and clip it back on to the top where the line goes in . this will help with your timing and you won't hert anyone by mistake .the hardest part is timing. when you think your timing is right and your cast is going straight .try a lead
a tennis ball weighs about 5oz .you won't get the distance ,so you don't have to have such a big feild and it never gets stuck . hope this help .

timing timing timing
dai that is great advise mate thanks alot will be trying that 2moz. thanks again.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:g: this casting bull pees me off:g: why go up a field? i dont know,to each his own i suppose:g: no offence,beats the crap out of me though:clap2:
the reason i go up a field is because i am trying to learn how to pendulum cast thats why??? and its a safe area were none is going to get hurt (bar myself) thing is you cant go and try to pendulum cast for the 1st time on a fishing session. i am sure all your fellow anglers would be happy with you when you have just casted all over there lines??????:g: :g:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am not saying that you got to hit massive distances to catch fish mate. i would just like to learn how to do it. another tool in my armourey sort of thing????

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
i am not saying that you got to hit massive distances to catch fish mate. i would just like to learn how to do it. another tool in my armourey sort of thing????
sorry m8,didnt mean to p u off,just think 2 much made of this casting lark,after all,cod is the taeget and theres none left.no ofennce:kissing:

·
Registered
937 Posts
i think that is the best thing for me rich mate. get a decent teacher to show me the ropes. do you know of anybody that does it???? was going to pop up to surf casting wales up in cowbridge soon so hopefully they can help me out or push me in the right direction anyway???
Get in there mate! You will improve no end!
All the best,
Rich

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no offence taken andy mate. thanks to everyone for the comments and help. cheers all

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
take the good advice offered , get down to s.w.casting , you will get the best and cheapest advice there is. ask for stan- the - man, he will sort you out.
if you want to practice on grass, go to a pet shop and ask them to weigh you a solid rubber ball as near to 5oz as possible. thread it onto a short length of shock leader with an oval split ring at one side and stopper at the other. saves you digging leads out of ground.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
John Holden does a very good cd on casting. It can be bought on ebay or off his web site. It really is well worth the money.
At some point if you practice casting alone you might want to spend a few hours with an instructor to polish up your technique. That's basically down to the fact that you can't watch yourself cast!

John

1 - 20 of 20 Posts