World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:g: Not sure where to go on satuday want to go Penmon i havent been there since November. Just wondering if anyone knows what its fishing like and any info on how to fish it would be useful as i have only been there 4 times.thanks. :notworthy :clap2: :clap3:

·
Registered
94 Posts
not sure m8 fished there in june and had codling!saw bass caught as well.i am sure its a venue not to be ignored maybe a few more experienced members could enlighten you as i dont really fish there in winter as a rule.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Strange place in that although easily accessible from the car it's fish seem to wander away at times! Stop at Malcom's shop at Gallows Point (ABC Baits) and he'll put you onto where the fish are being caught.

I personally enjoy the place at this time of the year as it only gets crowded in Summer when the mackeral stay and it's 'Combat fishing' with someone standing on your toes! This is good because it means that they're not fishing where i'll be that time of the year! At any time I fish to the right of the point up to and including high water. Low water allows you to fish the beach and you can retreat with the tide and fish/climb up a few ledges to the top. Otherwise fish the promintory that leads tp the lighthouse. VERY snaggy but you never know. They were catching Herring out in the sound this time last year but I don't know if anyone had any off the shore?

For more info. do a search, up top for 'Penmon'. Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that your info was very helpful to me:notworthy
I know what you mean about there in the summer there is more lines out than Llanduddno Pier in the eighties.
Tight lines
RAGCASTER

1 - 4 of 4 Posts