World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think they are well tuned when we get them or could they do with a tuning ???

as im going to buy an akios s line ctm as well any views on there performance out the box as well please

·
Registered
684 Posts
as far as a ready to go "all terrain" reel goes they are incredible…just "tweak" the mags to your casting style/power and watch it fly.

·
Registered
946 Posts
akios reels are good right out the box. u might want to take the blocks out cleaning the bearing will improve them a little but its not necessary for a fishing reel .

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so how often do you service your reels ?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Hi ,

i allways clean + rocket-fuel the bearings on my new reels , and do the same every 8 to 10 session : it's a very easy 10min work ... that said , i would never dare casting my mag2's set on 0 , unless i would fancy some nice pictures for the "show your birdnest" thread ... :huh:

Gert

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I always have mine off lol il start that thread in the tackle discussion lol next time il take a short vid and post it lol

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
My mags are set on 4 in daylight and 6 at night.....cast out last week after oiling bearings and mags set on 0 as I'd forgot to turn them back on.....bang, birdie!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts