World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
I have a Penn 525 GS can i swap the side plate over with this .
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Penn-525-MAG-Left-Sideplate-Assembly-Complete/153887731104?hash=item23d46c6da0:g:l9AAAOSwD-5eiPLF

To turn it into a magged reel ?

you can but need to remove cross bar on end of spindle.Can't remember of hand if loose ratchet though due to cog difference as a while since checked!
The S mag extra plate works and use a mono mag kit which turns it into one similar to 535 mag as that runs a mono mag and no brake block parts

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Hi if you can't convert to mag side plate how comes my 535's have mags and are exactly the same as 525 GS!
He asked a specific question about adding a mag side plate for a later type mag ... if he has the GS then it has a fixed spindle and the two won't mix.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
He asked a specific question about adding a mag side plate for a later type mag ... if he has the GS then it has a fixed spindle and the two won't mix.

does if you remove brake block spindle/cross bar. didnt think did myself but seen some done.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You could ''static mag'' it. Done it to my 545 and 555 and worked for me. I glued a small washer on the inside of the side plate and attached the required number of magnets to the washer. Trial and error on the magnet number and away you go.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a Penn 525 GS can i swap the side plate over with this .
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Penn-525-MAG-Left-Sideplate-Assembly-Complete/153887731104?hash=item23d46c6da0:g:l9AAAOSwD-5eiPLF

To turn it into a magged reel ?
I wanted to turn a pair of 525 gs reels into a magged version as i suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hands now days and find "thumbing" it hard so i mono magged them,easy job it took me about 15 mins each reel,mono`s supplied by Russ at Blakdog and they turned out perfect.If you need help there`s a comprehensive post detailing each step on his website just for that reel.A quick shot of how the reels look in action
today fishing 003.jpg today fishing 005.jpg

...Alan

Reactions: Helpmaboab
1 - 12 of 12 Posts