World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, a got one from the bay, and used once. Midway through the sesh it started to over run mid cast, so got it serviced and was told running perfect but on my next outing started to do the same. A use 20lb mono on it and its full should I remove some line or try something else, got mag2's and no had any probs so far with them. Cheers

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers pete. It's that one a had doon at maryport. It's still over running midcast. Will take some line off and give it a few casts to see. Cheers m8.

G

·
Good advice from the above,I`ve got 3 of the old [usa]525 and they are notorious for being a bit twitchy,too much line will cause problems,unless your a big caster only put on what you need and then start with the mags full on and work them off until you get the measure,heavier oil as already said will help as will good line lay,once set up their the best reels going and virtually bulletproof,the s m extra being the best of the bunch,hope this helps......Alan

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
My 525 gs was doing this the other day, the line ended up round the coasters and everything is was coming off so fast even with all 4 blocks engaged. I've cleaned the bearings and put some red label oil in them, converted it to mono mag too. Taking out for a whack today, i'll let you know how that goes :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts