World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Need some advice on the size of two additional magnets fitted to my 525 Mag.
The total number of magnets currently fitted is 6.
The two additional ones fitted are the same diameter and depth as the four originals.
Is this correct or should/could they be bigger in depth ie for more magnetic control as corrently the breaking of the spool is still quite an art....
Did try checking other post,s but unable to find one similar to the one i,m putting up.
Many thanks Paul........

·
Registered
221 Posts
The 2 extra mags on my Supermags are the same diameter as the 4 originals, but about twice the depth.
You would probably get a bit more braking if you replaced them with the deeper ones, but I am surprised that you would be having problems with the mag set up you describe.
I have my Supermags set up with all 6 mags in position, red label rocket fuel in the bearings, minimal end-float, line approx 2-3mm down from full (measured without shock-leader) - the end result is that the reels are 100% reliable when the slider is set at position 3/4 or 5 with a headwind. If I put the slider on 8, the reel is very slow.
I would try the usual stuff (thicker or less line/thicker oil in the bearings etc) before bothering to replace the magnets with the deeper ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts