World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi everyone
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Im thinking about buying a penn 525 i think its the version down from the penn mag 525 does anyone know how the reel handles for an amatuer of using multipliers. Also how far can you cast with it and whats the best lb line to put on it. Also can anyone reccomend a rod in the £50 to £75 mark to go with it.</font>

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>The Penn 525 is relatively user friendly and is suitable for clean to mixed ground, although you can get away with using it over rough ground as the gears are well engineered and take some beating.

As for what rod you should buy I havnt really a clue, but if you go for a Daiwa or an Abu you should be okay. Why dont you have a look for penn dealers and you may be able to get a combo deal. Or alternatively try to find some one that is selling a second rod such as a conoflex, century or some other well known brand. If you look you can pick up some excellent rods at knock down prices, try your local paper or e-bay.

What type of ground do you fish? That may help people to suggest a rod for you.</font>

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>I Mostly fish clean and mixed ground but im starting to get into the rougher stough.</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts