World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buying a penn 525 super mag this weekend.( let's have a go at seeing who can find the cheapest and posting it on this forum) best price i have found so far is £120.00. good luck.?????

·
Registered
49 Posts
£120 was the best i found as well from spotty dog tackle
once you have tried it you will never look back, so much more controll than the normal mag

·
Registered
129 Posts
I went for the combo the other week, Sidewinder Evo1 and Supermag £250. So far both have been excellent. Dunno how much the rod goes fro on its own, so maybe you could do better.
Penn
P.S. my name does not mean I have any official or unofficial association with the company. he he, just the stupid bl..dy name i picked, too late to change it now! Do like their gear tho.

·
Registered
49 Posts
what do you think of the rod? i was gonna get 1 but when i had a feel of it it reminded me too much of a broom stick, the action was too stiff and the reel seat was too big for my hands
i went for a zziplex in the end instead, got it 2nd hand off ebay

·
Registered
129 Posts
Cheers Bellboy u just made my day!!!!!!! I coulda saved £50!!! Ah well that's £50 I won't destroy my liver with. Not that you or Poacher would know anything about that mind you, being teetotalers and all. Yup was nice to meet yous, and look forward to doing so again.
Penn
P.s. Smooth one, I find the Sidewinder is fine for me, but I will add that I'm fairly new to this game, can't cast so well etc. so maybe some of the more experienced Sidewinder users could help? I do find the reel seat a bit big for my hands so will get coasters or a better reel seat later. Tight lines.

·
Registered
49 Posts
its alright mate, i cant cast for s**t either
tryna learn how to pendulum cast and it still only goes as far as my normal cast, i sure look the part with my zzipy and pendulum cast :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts