World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't Long Bought a 525 and when i use it it makes a screaming noise wen i cast? this hasn't happened on any abu reel ive bought so im wondering if anyone knows wrong with it?

Cheers

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,945 Posts
is the spool balanced from putting on line and is the spool floating to losely.wiggle it from side to side there only should be a fraction of movement 1/2 mm or so ,to much will make it noisey,to tight will knacker the bearings.if all else fails there might be some sand up in the egde of the spool race.they do tend to sing nicley when all is well.

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
mine dont infact mine is bloody brill even gave it a sand bath at monknash a month back, took the plates off quick swill under the tap and she happy as can be

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
the mag extra and the super mag are a bit more noisy than the original mag but still excellent fishing reels , try a small drop of yellow rocket fuel or some light oil on the bearings if it is a new reel sometimes they miss oiling a bearing ... we are all only human after all !!:clap3: :notworthy

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I dont have one but i do know that many people have posted on here that their 525 is noisey when casting .........................

·
Registered
462 Posts
my super mag extra was the same when i first got it bk last month its fine now tho, it was asif the bearings needed breaking in and that

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
i never really got on with mine so got rid of it but it always made a squealing noise as it cast someone said the spool was unbalanced ,if so my sloshs and abu 7000 s dont do it :blink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts