World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased one of these reels a while ago, but only just got round to loading it with 18lb line. However my concern is over the line lay, it seems rubbish, seems to load the rear of the spool well but line tapers off towards the front. :uhuh:

I this normal? :g: I used my berkley spooling station to load reel, so there was tension on the line.

It seems that when the spool moves up and down when retrieving that the spool could do with coming down a little further as the bail arm roller is about 6mm lower than the lip of the spool when spool at its lowest position.

Can't return as lost receipt and was a good while ago when i bought it.

All the best
Craig

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Some of the Shimano FS Reels supply a washer/spacer to fine tune the line lay. Fits between the spool and the reel.

Maybe there is something preventing the spool fully bedding down on the reel shaft?

Otherwise, David or Gary Caulfield will probably have some comments to assist.

Steinbeisser

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
mine does the same,but seems to work fine.if i was you i would check the bailarm screws as mine were loose and stripped one of the threads:schmoll:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I recently bought a Surfmaster 750 that did the opposite. It loaded more near the front of the spool. I simply put an extra washer on top of the one on the spindle and to cure it. Sounds like your spool needs to go down a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts