World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Im thinking of getting a pair of Fathom 2 Mags for winter mixed and rough ground. Probably go with the 15 size.

Ive Penn mags already and just fancied something beefier for a change.

Was buying the Fathom 2's last year when they came out but ended up recovering from injury so wasnt fishing.

Is the verdict still as good on them? Or would be better to go with a mono magged version?

Are they still the bee's knee's? as they were just out when I was looking at them last and supply was low especially for the casting special.

Would like to order from a store online/phone and just get a decent deal on a pair.

PM me if its not ok to put infor like that on the forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
12's or 15's ? either way Veals would be a good start
Cheers, I was thinking of the 15 size as supposed to be similar in size to the 525 mag. I've no hope of picking one up to see the size as none around.

Been off the fishing scene for a while. Some shops used to be great if you phoned for a deal on a pair but finding them was always a challenge and many seem to be gone :(

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Vmo will give you 5 percent off if you have shopped with them before and sign up to an account with your previous order number.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Vmo will give you 5 percent off if you have shopped with them before and sign up to an account with your previous order number.
And £10 off if you buy a pair of Reels.

But they only have one 15 in stock. :(

Ian.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cheers, I was thinking of the 15 size as supposed to be similar in size to the 525 mag. I've no hope of picking one up to see the size as none around.

Been off the fishing scene for a while. Some shops used to be great if you phoned for a deal on a pair but finding them was always a challenge and many seem to be gone :(
The fathom 15 has pretty much (if not exactly) same spool size as the penn 525s. Had a pair of fathom 2 15SD for a while now, love them! 18 / 20 lb line perfect!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Summerlands have the Penn Fathom 11 15 SD,s for £142.79 at the moment.
https://www.summerlands-tackle.co.uk/penn-fathom-ii-15-sd-mag.html

Ian.
Cheers for that Ian, I dropped them an email but Ill give them a call as well.

£175 for a CS too
Thanks bacon, sweet looking reels, the CS does look good value at that price! :D

The fathom 15 has pretty much (if not exactly) same spool size as the penn 525s. Had a pair of fathom 2 15SD for a while now, love them! 18 / 20 lb line perfect!
Cheers darrengodzilla, sounds like the perfect size for the rough/mixed ground Im thinking of them for. Reviews are fantastic for the most part too :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts