World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

anyone got 1 of these or know anything about them?

Generation 55 level-wind 195yd x 10lb / 180m x 0.3mm £69.00
Generation 65 level-wind 190yd x15lb / 175m x 0.4mm £79.00
Generation 75 level-wind 180yd x 20lb / 165m x 0.45mm £89.00

Somewhere between 5500 & 6500 size I suppose, without mags?

Photos look good!

Cheers,

Neil

·
Registered
477 Posts
eh, not letting the cat out of the bag too much, but if you can wait for a certain mag to come out in about 4 weeks, there might just be a ball busting deal in there on these reels!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eh, not letting the cat out of the bag too much, but if you can wait for a certain mag to come out in about 4 weeks, there might just be a ball busting deal in there on these reels!!
Good to hear David!

Can you point us to any other tests/evaluations of these reels?

Sound like just the thing for bass - a bit of competition in the 5500/6500 sector will liven things up a bit!

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Looks/sounds like the 515 Mag isn't far away then ;) Or a mag version of the Generation series...

G

·
I've got two 65's they are brilliant for light fishing one is loaded with 12 lb mono for clean ground bassing and the other has 30 lb braid for lure fishing, the brake set up has 6 blocks and you can use 1 to 6 depending on conditions they have four ball bearings and one roller in the handle giving instant anti-reverse,the only downside with these reels is that te levelwind remains stationary when casting but it's not such a big consideration for close in light fishing,all in all a great series of reels and cheap too.also they carry the penn name always a good thing.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If the 515 ever does appear, will be a Far Eastern manufactured reel? … as are most of the current Jarden satellite company’s offerings at present ...

I heard a whisper that Jarden are attempting if they haven’t already acquired it, another fishing tackle concern … and this company make very good rods and reels, IMHO better than Penn or Abu!

·
Registered
24,767 Posts
If the 515 ever does appear, will be a Far Eastern manufactured reel? … as are most of the current Jarden satellite company’s offerings at present ...

I heard a whisper that Jarden are attempting if they haven’t already acquired it, another fishing tackle concern … and this company make very good rods and reels, IMHO better than Penn or Abu!
Come on MA ,:kissing:
:notworthy Tell us all so we can get a second mortgage and buy the stocks and share in this mysterious company that is buying up quality companies?:clap2:

David :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looks/sounds like the 515 Mag isn't far away then ;)
I reckon you've got the wrong end of the stick mate. :secret:

By 'Mag' I think he means Magazine.

i.e. wait for the magazine in 4 weeks time and there will be some special offers for the reels mentioned.

Hope I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ditto i got a bit excited there for a minute all this talk about a penn 515.Does anyone actually know if there going to bring one out?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Penn Generation good deal at the GAC buy the 75 size and get the 65 and 55 for free, £90 for 3 of these multis aint too bad at all

G

·
Penn Generation good deal at the GAC buy the 75 size and get the 65 and 55 for free, £90 for 3 of these multis aint too bad at all
OK, so I will be hammered as a tackle tart and I know not everyone has got pots of cash, but....

3 "Branded" multipliers at £30 each!
I love my Penn gear, but if it is being sold at that price, the dealer has to make some money too.
Work out what is being used to build these reels to get them to this price.

They are being made out of toilet rolls and dandruff flakes.
Instead of getting three reels that use chocolate to weld the joints for £90, buy one really good one for £90 that will do a good job for 90% of your fishing needs.

·
Registered
477 Posts
OK, so I will be hammered as a tackle tart and I know not everyone has got pots of cash, but....

3 "Branded" multipliers at £30 each!
I love my Penn gear, but if it is being sold at that price, the dealer has to make some money too.
Work out what is being used to build these reels to get them to this price.

They are being made out of toilet rolls and dandruff flakes.
Instead of getting three reels that use chocolate to weld the joints for £90, buy one really good one for £90 that will do a good job for 90% of your fishing needs.
Or it could be that we have got something in the pipeline, and offering these at a deal which is so good as not to be able to be overlooked....

Same warranty on these as on ALL other Penn products.

And guaranteed no toliet rolls or dandruff flakes anywhere!!!

G

·
Fair enough David.
You may know that I think a lot of your gear is the dogs danglies.

But...
I don't believe you'd be selling at below cost and £30 cost doesn't bring an awful lot of heavy duty gears, stainless components and decent drags.

If the warranty is good (and I know that yours is absolutely first class) then fair enough, and if you need to make room for something new and exciting then it makes business sense to you, but I would still prefer to invest my money into a product I "knew" was of a decent standard.

....just my own opinion and one from a total self confessed tackle tart who loves the feeling of a smooth high quality piece of engineering over a "do the job" winch.

Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts