World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked Santa for a new rod this christmas but not sure what to get. I really fancy the Penn Nomad but cannot get my hands on a Penn Jetstream to compare it to the nomad as the ads say its a better rod. Has anyone had the chance to hold one and what did you think of it.All comments greatly appreciated before i commit myself. B)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Harryo,

I bought a Jetstream as I travel a lot and it goes in the boot of the car with an extending tripod, out of site of prying eyes . I have only used it twice so far as it is recently bought but review at this early stage is very good. It doesn't feel like a four piece and casts very well off the ground or straight overhead. I'm not a regular pendulum caster so cannot comment on that. The tip gives good bite detection with what seems like like good strength mid and low down though a decent fish has eluded it as yet.
Overall I am very pleased with the rod particularly as it gives me flexibility to get a few hours fishing in while I'm out and about, without an obvious security risk whilst in transit.

Good Luck

Sim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts