World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a new beach caster for this year and being as I'm not rolling in cash due to the event that shall not be named from last year, is the Penn rampage 2 14ft worth a crack?

Anyone use them?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have 2 matched up with a penn surblaster and penn spin fisher I’ve had many bass on them and use them on various beaches and I’m happy with mine ive had various rods but the rampage has good bite detection and is easy to cast with

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I've got a 15' 9" rampage and it's a lovely rod to cast with. Handles up to 5oz and casts well with multi or FS. It did get a crack above a spigot (probably my fault, dropping it), which I've stripped and re-whipped (no prob since). Just don't expect a 4-6oz rod to handle 6oz plus bait, this is a middle range rod for clean beaches, not a beast.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Looks like a lightweight surf rod with that 4oz top casting weight. Fine for sheltered or surf marks, but not up to whacking a 6oz lead and bait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hiya mate, 1st post on the forum, i use a pair of the 13ft, they will cast 6oz plus bait, with ease(5oz+bait seems best to me), i fish mixed ground = fylde coast/mersey and these rods perform pretty good as an all rounder for the price.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Max cast weight is 6oz and I only use 5oz at the biggest so I'm sure it'll be fine with 5oz weight plus bait.

Cheers for the replys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts