World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
has anyone fished the rod?
I will fish seabass, flatfish and cod with it in the baltic sea and the north sea with weights up to 6/7 oz. I hope it will work on the different conditions of summer and winter. Therefor I will use the different tips. I put my Shimano Ultegra XSC 10.000 on it, with 0,33mm mono line.

Greets
Stefan

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I saw them advertised in Sea Angler Magazine / Glasgow Angling Centre for £80. less than half price. I as wondering how they perform? I don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as my Sonik Gravity but at that price maybe worth the risk?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Mate its just a Penn regiment with three push in quivers!
The standard regiment is just a longer version of the rampage 13ft .
Trust me you cast 8oz with any power it will break I've cast my mates with the carbon heavy tip with 150grams and that's all it will cast unless you just want to plop it 30 yards

·
Registered
519 Posts
So penn have made an error with their casting weight specifications?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mate its just a Penn regiment with three push in quivers!
The standard regiment is just a longer version of the rampage 13ft .
Trust me you cast 8oz with any power it will break I've cast my mates with the carbon heavy tip with 150grams and that's all it will cast unless you just want to plop it 30 yards
But the standard Regiment has a 24 To blank, the multi version 30 To. That should be a differenc or?
I will use it mostly with 4-6 oz weights. I have never used a 8oz lead. The heaviest I own is 6oz.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nigelm this rod will adequately cope with 6oz weight, I have cast 7 plus bait ok. As you say I have never cast 8oz from the beach, if conditions are that bad it's time to go home. I would trust the information of an established Rod builder like Penn, rather than someone's personal opinion based on limited use. Very happy with all of my Penn gear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don`t want to go fishing in storms... I think more then 5-6bft is no fun any more.

Thanks for your replies! I will give a feedback when I have fished the rods in the next weeks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Good to know, cheers elky

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Many rods state a casting weight over what they can safely cast!!!
Do what you like mate no skin off my back but I'm telling you using 7oz or 210s on one with push in tips your pushing your luck

·
Registered
116 Posts
Why on earth would you want to use 7 and 8 oz leads on a quiver tip style rod anyway?
Because the rod is supplied with 4 6 and8 oz tips ,,so why would you Not use it. However I seldom use more than a 6 as condition are usually to unpleasant if 6 is inadequate

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
It has three tips for bite sensitivity what use it that when you need to use leads that big?
My sunset and vercelli say 250grams wouldn't cast or fish that on them!!
My supercasts state up to 8oz no way, your rod mate use it how you like just thought id save you the misery of smashed tips later on as I've seen one in use for over 6 months and have actually cast it on numerous occasions and have enough experience to know when a rods overloaded

·
Registered
116 Posts
Lee are you now stating that numerous rod manufacturers know less about the capabilities of the rods they build,than yourself.???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts