World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to anglesey yesterday and bought a penn 525 super mag for £90 YES only £90 from abc beumaris. spot on straight out off the box.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after tweeking it and messing about with it i got it set up just right for myself and added another 50 yard's or so to my distance, ihave a penn 535 which im not impressed with but this super mag is a different kettle of fish with which im most impressed.

P

·
0 Posts
What is the difference between the super mag and the normal 525 mag??

·
Registered
49 Posts
the super mag has 6 magnets rather than4 and it also has abec 5 bearings in it
funny you say that about easier to tame, i think i can get more distance and less birdies with my mag than my supermag, might not have it set up right at the moment though

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also got a 20 slosh,6500 c3 and a 7ht, 535 would p**s all over them nice to see the yank's can get something right. (my own personal view that is).

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I got my super mag form the same place for the same price, he is the cheapest around, Daiwa sandstorm 13m rods going for £85 I noticed.
How the hell do you get them apart I undo the screws and the side just looks like a one piece mounting.
I'd love to take some more braking off of it as it seems a bit slow.

·
Registered
49 Posts
which side are you tryna get off?
get off the side with the mag control part on, not the handle!
take the screws out and if it is stuck try pushing out the spoil

·
Registered
49 Posts
i would have resorted to brute force and ignorence by now but by now i would also be tryna repair a broken reel
best to leave it till you really need to get inside it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts