World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have had a look at the post from a couple of months ago and wondered how these reels are faring. Im looking for a pair of decent fixed spool reels for under 100 each and as no-one will move on the affinity price im looking at the surf blaster.
The draw to this reel is the nice big tapered spool for braid that i fancy a go with...
If they are not holding up what suggestions do you have?
I at present have 2 diawa emcast advanced 5500 and there too small. and i keep having problems wigth the drag knob (ive replaced them both twice in 3 years).

Thanks

Chrispy1:thumbs::fishing1:

·
Registered
386 Posts
A mate has one and dosnt look to bad a reel and he defo seems to be casting smoother and as above is happy with it. I was tempted to get one myself but think i will go for another shimano arelex although having a braid spool is defo a plus if ur planning on using braid.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Have a look at the tf gear delta 10000 looks a good reel and good value. I've got an emcast sport 6000 and can't fault it, I use that for beach casting!

·
Registered
224 Posts
got one when they came on to the market. the back wind lever packed up first cast, got a replacement reel by return of post and no probs since.
i've got to say i think it casts well with great rate of retrieve (over 900mm of line per turn of the handle). I would definitely recomend and will be getting a second one before too long.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi all
I have had a look at the post from a couple of months ago and wondered how these reels are faring. Im looking for a pair of decent fixed spool reels for under 100 each and as no-one will move on the affinity price im looking at the surf blaster.
The draw to this reel is the nice big tapered spool for braid that i fancy a go with...
If they are not holding up what suggestions do you have?
I at present have 2 diawa emcast advanced 5500 and there too small. and i keep having problems wigth the drag knob (ive replaced them both twice in 3 years).

Thanks

Chrispy1:thumbs::fishing1:
Got an affinity 8000 from hull-angling-centre on ebay for 100 delivered. Listed for 119 offered 100.
Lot smoother than the surfblaster.

Hope this helps

Tod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.