World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished by the slipway (didn't want to walk) .fished from 12 ish till 7 ish ,with Dropped a pollock .I Caught two small codling (under size)and a whitting just sizable and returned alive .D.A.P had one undersize codling . Two or three other people had the same sort of thing (nothing for the table) .
I fished with lug , rag , squid and freash crab . All fish caught on worm . weather was lovely .
All in All not a bad day apart from about 1 1/2 hours ,when two blokes came in from a days boat fishing to find someone had launched their trailer for them . luckly I saw it when i got there . but could get to it as it was to far out . i guided them to it by casting a plain lead over it , which worked . one of the men then snagged the trailer with the anchor and got it closer in .At this time the anchor chain got caught round the prop and snapped the pin . one bloke then came ashore stripped to his kegs and wadded up to his neck and found it .He was even more cheased off when he realised he would have to dive under to tie a rope to it .This done myself and D.A.P pulled it in .The bloke came in very quickly at this point . We helped as much as we could getting the boat in . We had a chat when it was all safe and sound and it turns out they live just up the road from D.A.P and thought that there trailer had been stollen . The reason I helped was so that the quicker they got sorted , the quicker i could carry on fishing . Owning many boats in the past and knowing that a little help goes a long way when your having a nightmare .They gave me a drink for my trouble which they insisted on but would rather they put it towords a wheel clamp for the trailer . hee hee

P.s sh1t happens

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With all that going on ,I forgot to mention the most important thing and that was I met a forum member that goes by the name of woody .Yes you heard right another forum member .He fished two groynes up an had one undersized codling. Nice talking to you .

·
Registered
81 Posts
I fished to the right of the lifeboat station from 2pm - 6pm . Very quiet yesterday. I caught the worlds smallest codling and my mate caught an undersized whiting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dai english said:
With all that going on ,I forgot to mention the most important thing and that was I met a forum member that goes by the name of woody .Yes you heard right another forum member .He fished two groynes up an had one undersized codling. Nice talking to you .
hello Dai,

woods not woody, had to use woods cos someone already has Woody for a handle, nice talking to you Saturday, that headgear of yours is pretty snazzy, could see it a mile off.
That guy fishing out his trailer made me feel cold and i was all wrapped up, still a good day out nice bit of peace and quiet away from home and work.
Might bump into you again sometime , good luck out there and be safe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting story.

Being fairly new to shore fishing, I was wondering on how you judge when something is undersize?Do you go by weight or whip out the tape measure? And where can I get a chart telling me what size something needs to be before I stick it in the frying pan?

·
Registered
409 Posts
bluemoon said:
Interesting story.

Being fairly new to shore fishing, I was wondering on how you judge when something is undersize?Do you go by weight or whip out the tape measure? And where can I get a chart telling me what size something needs to be before I stick it in the frying pan?

it goes by measurements, you can get the full list of measurments from www.nfsa.org.uk/ntcg/min_sizes_2002.htm i hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts