World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

After the great success of last year's Pennies for Pisces, with close to £600 raised for the RNLI, it's time to do it all again.

The way you can do it is to pledge a set amount for each species you catch. So far this year we have three members who are pledging £5 for each different species they catch across the year.

At the end of the year, all monies are donated to the RNLI via the Local Independent Sea Anglers. Simples.

Anyone who wants to join in is welcome. Please post here to sign up, pledge an amount per species and post your running totals in this thread through the year.

Let's see if we can beat £600 in 2020

@pompeykev
@nightwatchman
@Another Blank
@forrest22

I have taken the liberty of adding you to this years spreadsheet, let me know if your not taking part in 2020

Thanks for reading. Any questions, just ask. :)

@bubbles @Nick Phillips please can you make this post a sticky

Reactions: bubbles

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reactions: bubbles

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Folks,

After the great success of last year's Pennies for Pisces, with close to £600 raised for the RNLI, it's time to do it all again.

The way you can do it is to pledge a set amount for each species you catch. So far this year we have three members who are pledging £5 for each different species they catch across the year.

At the end of the year, all monies are donated to the RNLI via the Local Independent Sea Anglers. Simples.

Anyone who wants to join in is welcome. Please post here to sign up, pledge an amount per species and post your running totals in this thread through the year.

Let's see if we can beat £600 in 2020

@pompeykev
@nightwatchman
@Another Blank
@forrest22

I have taken the liberty of adding you to this years spreadsheet, let me know if your not taking part in 2020

Thanks for reading. Any questions, just ask. :)

@bubbles @Nick Phillips please can you make this post a sticky
Put me down for £3 a species again and I'll try and do better than last year.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers buddy

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Yep, put me down for £3 per species this year.

Reactions: fnb

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
upload_2020-1-13_6-57-6.png

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kicked off the year with Slug, Ting & Doggy

Reactions: nightwatchman

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
upload_2020-1-20_7-22-33.png

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Four sessions so far in January and 5 species, Whiting, Pout, Dab, Bass & Plaice. Everyone else is catching Rockling but I can't find one....yet!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Four sessions so far in January and 5 species, Whiting, Pout, Dab, Bass & Plaice. Everyone else is catching Rockling but I can't find one....yet!
Good start bud. My rockling was the first fish I caught this year (2nd cast) and was the only one caught from the venue that day.
Gonna go on my annual Dab hunt at Pev Bay Friday but usually takes 2 visits to get one ;)

Reactions: Another Blank

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'll go £3 a species this year, Tony and I already have two - ting and dog

Reactions: fnb

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Three more species for me at Hope Inn today, Pollack, Rock Goby and Scorpion fish.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Had my first trip of the year today, out from Poole on the very impressive Ocean Runner. Plenty of Whiting, best around 3lb, Pout, Dogs and a single Conger then on the way back in we saw some birds working so stopped off and tried feathers and found a school of small Bass so 5 species to start my tally for the year.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
upload_2020-1-26_21-18-3.png

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Now 2 trips, 4 species and £12 - slug and plaice added from our Pevensey Bay excursion

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reactions: Colin holland

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Dogfish and rockling this evening getting me into double figures for the year.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A great total for January
upload_2020-2-3_8-48-22.png

1 - 20 of 94 Posts