World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to house / pet sit in Towyn a bit quick following a death in the family, 6 dogs, 4 cats and a barking mad parrot in my charge ensured all fishing trips were short but some were sweet. Originally thought it was a couple of days stay, but stayed until the funeral was sorted, so over 8 days in the end. Was not the perfect senario as I couldnt arrange to meet anyone, or plan to much as I had to work around two very poorly dogs vets visits and fodder time, but good to wet a line.

The start of the tour ( err was Wednesday 4th I believe ? ) I galavanted off at about 8pm to try and find a few fishing chums I hadnt crossed paths with since last year. The street lights were out at the Arches end of Colwyn with a mill pond sea, I asked a few lads fishing closer to the A55 ramp if anything was happening, a few knocks and the odd undersize whiting. I traveled the coast road through Rhos, down to North Shore llandudno with anglers thin on the ground before checking the side of the pier. I asked a scouser if he knew Wormey, he laughed and said ask him, of course standing next to him was indeed Wormey. He had dropped his mobile in the sea ( me thinks it was thrown in a fit of temper during a blank, but dont tell him ! LOL )

We chatted and caught up on the gos, I had a play with bit of new kit, had bite after bite, but only rudedog the scouser was pulling them up, a large whitting followed by several undersized codling with no doggys. All were taken on fresh black, although their was squid, fresh shellfish and mackeral. I blanked largely because I was not using a certain persons wormeys ! PMSL

I didnt manage to get out in darkness for two days so had a play at the Arches in the glorious sunshine, managing a tiny dab and 3 bearded rockling on salted black and squid tip on size 6 hooks. Tried out some new rigs and played about with them, had a lot of fun banging out a variety of plugs and spinners soon got back into the swing of wanging em, but had a few sore muscells I can tell you !

Colwyn is a shallow beach with a gentle slope that benefits from a decent tide and darkness, low water at the arches can provide some top sport on the mullet with an adapted spinner, mini species a plenty including plenty of 3 & 5 bearded rockling and weavers ! A few decent plaice have been showing after dark to smelly worm, with whiting and codling to fresh.

I tripped off to Conwy and managed 1.5 hours down and 1 hour up just up from the floating pontoon by the harbour, plenty of flattys although all small except for one half decent flounder, one whiting and crabs a plenty with suicidal tendancys. I experimented with microwaved black lug and lightly salted lug against fresh, I have to say I prefer the toffee like salted to the fresh, but the microwaved even withstands being crabbed !

Had some fun and fresh air with a few fish thrown in for good measure, missed a good session at Mostyn, well Tan Lan but dog sitting dutys called. Cant wait to get back in the next couple of weeks, I cant believe I am actually wanting to catch a dog fish !!!

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Had to house / pet sit in Towyn a bit quick following a death in the family, 6 dogs, 4 cats and a barking mad parrot in my charge ensured all fishing trips were short but some were sweet. Originally thought it was a couple of days stay, but stayed until the funeral was sorted, so over 8 days in the end. Was not the perfect senario as I couldnt arrange to meet anyone, or plan to much as I had to work around two very poorly dogs vets visits and fodder time, but good to wet a line.

The start of the tour ( err was Wednesday 4th I believe ? ) I galavanted off at about 8pm to try and find a few fishing chums I hadnt crossed paths with since last year. The street lights were out at the Arches end of Colwyn with a mill pond sea, I asked a few lads fishing closer to the A55 ramp if anything was happening, a few knocks and the odd undersize whiting. I traveled the coast road through Rhos, down to North Shore llandudno with anglers thin on the ground before checking the side of the pier. I asked a scouser if he knew Wormey, he laughed and said ask him, of course standing next to him was indeed Wormey. He had dropped his mobile in the sea ( me thinks it was thrown in a fit of temper during a blank, but dont tell him ! LOL )

We chatted and caught up on the gos, I had a play with bit of new kit, had bite after bite, but only rudedog the scouser was pulling them up, a large whitting followed by several undersized codling with no doggys. All were taken on fresh black, although their was squid, fresh shellfish and mackeral. I blanked largely because I was not using a certain persons wormeys ! PMSL

I didnt manage to get out in darkness for two days so had a play at the Arches in the glorious sunshine, managing a tiny dab and 3 bearded rockling on salted black and squid tip on size 6 hooks. Tried out some new rigs and played about with them, had a lot of fun banging out a variety of plugs and spinners soon got back into the swing of wanging em, but had a few sore muscells I can tell you !

Colwyn is a shallow beach with a gentle slope that benefits from a decent tide and darkness, low water at the arches can provide some top sport on the mullet with an adapted spinner, mini species a plenty including plenty of 3 & 5 bearded rockling and weavers ! A few decent plaice have been showing after dark to smelly worm, with whiting and codling to fresh.

I tripped off to Conwy and managed 1.5 hours down and 1 hour up just up from the floating pontoon by the harbour, plenty of flattys although all small except for one half decent flounder, one whiting and crabs a plenty with suicidal tendancys. I experimented with microwaved black lug and lightly salted lug against fresh, I have to say I prefer the toffee like salted to the fresh, but the microwaved even withstands being crabbed !

Had some fun and fresh air with a few fish thrown in for good measure, missed a good session at Mostyn, well Tan Lan but dog sitting dutys called. Cant wait to get back in the next couple of weeks, I cant believe I am actually wanting to catch a dog fish !!!
wow sally sounds like had a busy time glad u got out too wet lines,going out with timber tonite dont no where yet.shaggy

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my god sal u must be despiret ure mergy hunting lol

path
By the time I have caught a couple I will be wishing they would bugger off, sods law as I was trying to bump the species list up ! LOL Should be back up your way nearer the end on the month, look forward to a picnic, may even wet a line ! LOL

·
Registered
327 Posts
By the time I have caught a couple I will be wishing they would bugger off, sods law as I was trying to bump the species list up ! LOL Should be back up your way nearer the end on the month, look forward to a picnic, may even wet a line ! LOL
were going to clean the breakwater again are we lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts