World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to kayaking and just bought a cheap shortie to try it out. I thought I'd have to stick to the estuaries but was down at Marazion yesterday on the second day of the big blow and the surf was only two to three foot. I see this as a prime place to learn as its such a low gradient beach. At around high tide its a short walk with my 18 kg boat and I would have to go hundreds of yards out to get out of my depth. parking is free at Marazion throughout the winter. I used to surf so am not totally ignorant about the sea but would appreciate any local knowledge of the bay. There are a few small reefs but mostly it looks a benign place for light craft. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Haha. Just noticed my join date of second of nov 2011! Must have joined under a different name but same email. Nothing sinister mods, promise.
Anyways, just been reading the ‘lonekayaker blog’ and he mentioned the bay being untroubled until you get out beyond the mount. Would still appreciate any other local wisdom, if only to confirm.
Thanks in advance...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts