World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok wanna fish the high on saturday mornin and fancy the mersey area
(gettin pi55ed off with blackpool and the gynnn!!)

was thinkin of high at perch rock OR seaforth ferry OR somewhere inbetween!!!

your advice will be most appreceiated, thanks lads

tightlines
alan

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
twenty eight foot tide on the mersey is just on the border line of unfishable and fishable , why not give f--khall road a go, wocky had some bass out recently,
i'me trying to work out were to go sunday mi self alan , and cant make mi mind up between the bull nose or the mersey
cuberd

·
Registered
268 Posts
Perch rock is a low water venue only, you fish the depths of the mersey shipping channels while the tide is out, when it comes in, it comes in a long way but the ground is very shallow. F'all Road would be fishable but unless its rough (and its forecast nice weather) it's useless in the day. I would suggest further afield and look at Llandudno North Shore or Pier.

·
The Bean Counter
44,170 Posts
Townhall steps should be fishable as well though my guess is that the Mersey fishing will be going off now. Might be worth giving the Dee a go.:g:

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Townhall steps should be fishable as well though my guess is that the Mersey fishing will be going off now. Might be worth giving the Dee a go.:g:
hiya snaggle, where are the townhall steps??? i keep hearing this place mentioned but have no idea as to its location!!!! oh yea and while im asking, wheres **** all road???

tightlines
alan

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good luck Alan, not been about that much of late, I will have a trip out to sunny Wales with you in a couple of months time if you fancy it ?show you some proper fishing :blink:

·
Registered
213 Posts
thanks dazzy boy!!! i forgot about those!!! tink im gonna go to hall road!!!

tightlines mate

alan
Tide's a bit too small for Hall Rd on Saturday:yucky: It's only a 26 footer,plus easterly wind:yucky:
If you have to fish high water,Otterspool may be worth a go with eels and flounders.River Alt at Hightown can fish well for flounders and eels,but a 10 mins walk from the car:yucky:
Really,for better fishing at the moment,you want to fish the low water at Harrison Drive(a few plaice about) or Perch Rock:)

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good luck Alan, not been about that much of late, I will have a trip out to sunny Wales with you in a couple of months time if you fancy it ?show you some proper fishing :blink:
yea mate, will deffo do that!!!!

tightlines
alan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts