World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is third post for info around perranporth for a bit beach fishing and spinning coming down for weeks holiday commence 16 june one week any help please appriciated.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I have never seen a single report for Perran specifically mate. I could tell you about the beach but have never fished it, but it should fish similar to the newquay bay beaches or hollywell. Fish it 2+ 2- or 2- 2+ with a running ledger, with eel, squid, lug or macky fillet. the beaches near it fish best with 3-4 ft clean surf. Hope that helps.

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
Sorry you've had no replies. Not a place I've fished but do know the beach gets very busy with surfers and tourists.:yucky:

Best bet would be to fish late evening/early morning for the beach.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Like i said mate. I dont fish that area but you can spin all day from newquay head for maccy, porth island for allsorts, mevvagissey for all sorts, pentire head for wrasse/pollock just to name a few. Its really a case of have a look at the map and go where you like the look of

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
if you want spinning at perranporth head down from the top carpark (above the town where the white hotel is) go down the steps and you will see the rocks, some deep spinning available here, but watch the tide/swell etc. not much room for escape. beach can fish well but you'll need to walk further up towards the naturist area (right hand side of the longest stretch of beach) easiest way to get here is via the haven site and use the path, bit of a walk but it will get you away from the bulk of holidaymakers and surfers. flatties with the occasional bass are the order of the day from the beach. see previous posts about newquay if you have access to a car.

also check this out

Sea Fishing and Angling in the Newquay area.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I was there a couple of years ago and fished doen the far end of the beach and i got a little bass and a weever but i only fished it a couple of hours

·
Registered
633 Posts
Perranporth is a flat shallow beach where the tide recedes for a fair distance. Best fished from low water up so travel light as you'll be moving up the beach regularly. Bass, small eyeds and flatties are the commonest fish taken from the beach. Lots of schoolies taken here on lug with the odd better fish falling to sandeel. One of the better spots to fish is below the surfers car park and to the right at Perransands. Surfers can be a problem here so best fished after dark. There are rock marks worth fishing between St Agnes and Perranporth. Pollack, conger, rays, gurnard, mackerel, garfish etc can be caught from these spots but be very wary of the sea state. Many people have been swept in along this stretch of coastline. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you want spinning at perranporth head down from the top carpark (above the town where the white hotel is) go down the steps and you will see the rocks, some deep spinning available here, but watch the tide/swell etc. not much room for escape. beach can fish well but you'll need to walk further up towards the naturist area (right hand side of the longest stretch of beach) easiest way to get here is via the haven site and use the path, bit of a walk but it will get you away from the bulk of holidaymakers and surfers. flatties with the occasional bass are the order of the day from the beach. see previous posts about newquay if you have access to a car.

also check this out

Sea Fishing and Angling in the Newquay area.
Hi all,

Just to confirm that the first area Gareth mentioned (down the steps) still offers great spinning. Went spinning off these rocks for literally 10 mins last weekend and pulled in a bass on an artificial lure. It was only small but I'm confident if I had stayed longer I would have had a load more. Shame the weather was so choppy.. The rocks were too treacherous to stay on for any longer.

Thanks for the mark @gareth1234.. Even if it was 13 years ago...!!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts