World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, anybody outthere advise me on fishing perranporth beach next week. going down perransands for a week and thought I would take some spinning gear. is it worth it? what might I catch?. normaly fish bristol channel so it will be a new experiance for me. Any advise would be well apreciated:fishing1:

·
Registered
234 Posts
come on guys and girls he,s not a holiday fisherman he fishes every week up the bristol end and sometimes chesil.i told him to ask you local guys on here because i think this is the freindlyer forum ,dont let me down ,:nono:

dont want your marks just a few pointers in the right direction will do please

tight lines:clap:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Don't really know what part of the beach fishes best but i believe its the surfers beach which is just below perransands. Night fish is a must as there will be surfers out. Possibly try some lug or rag for bass. But be careful as the beach has an awsome rip and the tide comes in quick.
If spinning if you have a car you could try Polly joke off the rocks but be careful.

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
thought I would take some spinning gear. is it worth it?
you would be better heading to the rocks at the newquay
end of the beach / penhale.....
as you can get closer to the water...
and you will have a bit of scope there....
if you get on the coastal footpath you will see
the tracks down to the marks easy enough.....
the opposite end is a bit on the "high" side for spinning....

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
bring your proper rods down . there are some good bass caught on the beach , not really a lure beach , bit of a swell magnet. as said, head further a field with your lure rod

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for the advise:clap: perhaps i will bring the big rods down aswell and have a night session thanks again i will let you know how i got on next week:sun:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Deffo big rods.
Come down the dunes off the haven site onto beach, turn right.
Walk upto headland running out to sea(Penhale army camp), and fish along that end by the rocks, incoming tide from low.
1 hook paternoster with sandeel, nothing else.(60ish yards out)
Spinning not great, maybe odd schoolie. Bigger and most Bass come off sandeel.
I lived in cornwall for 5 years and had caravan on perran sands, fished this beach 4 times a week for 4 years.
Surfers can be everywhere, but they tend to stay away from here cause of the rocks.
WARNING: This end of beach is the naturist end, might have to shut your eyes every now and then.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CHEERS DAMION I WILL CERTAINLY GIVE IT A GO WITH THE SAND EELS DO YOU KNOW IF THERE IS A BAIT SHOP IN PERRANPORTH:fish:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok porky good idea you will have to keep your phone handy i will send you pics and ask for advice incase i catch somthing that might bite:roll1::bye2:

·
Registered
39 Posts
CHEERS DAMION I WILL CERTAINLY GIVE IT A GO WITH THE SAND EELS DO YOU KNOW IF THERE IS A BAIT SHOP IN PERRANPORTH:fish:
Nearest tackle shop is Newquay, although the petrol garage in Perranporth used to sell frozen sandeel.
Not lived there though since 2005, things may have changed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts