World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not been out lure fishing for about two weeks, managed some mullet in the interim but needed a fix. Conditions were grim for my intended marks, after a 2 hour drive milky tea coloured water and weed central. To be fair it wasn’t really a surprise with the wind strength and direction. A further 30 minutes and I found something approaching water I was just about happy with.

To cut a long story short went through 13 lures. In truth the only thing that I could fish without bringing a lure back covered in weed was the Patchinko. Feel confident working this lure, looks good but no fish thus far. Met up with two mates from the club and forum Glasgowdan and Badpanda. I let them know I had given the lure selection a work out. By this point the water was starting to look clearer and seemed to have less weed. Anyway Badpanda rocks up and has a fish off the top on a Mag Popper within 3 casts…… We exchanged a few choice remarks and had a laugh amongst ourselves. Spurred on by some activity after 3 fruitless hours. I put on a new Zonk gataride that’s been in my box for a couple of weeks. The only fish to be caught so far was taken about 40 yards out, to be fair I was fishing closer in so thanks to Badpanda showing the way lol. Out it went and a few cast later I had a fish. Jamie had another two solid offers on the top but unfortunately did not land the fish. We also had a few Mackerel. I managed another two Bass, nothing bigger than 1.5 pounds. No pics this time as I was just lazy.

All in, given the conditions it was a result and great to be out again. Without stating the obvious there is a lot of good info on here( albeit it tends to cost a few bob but its good to have nice things) Those Zonks do look good in the water and for whatever reason the takes I had off those fish tonight were really aggressive, lures well scarred already. I used the square lipped one in Stardust. Had another in the box round lip, it never got a run out (the only one not to get a swim) Anybody comment on the difference between the two actions/lips ?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts