World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to google what part Shoreham is , and it is south east of England I thought it was south coast , so posted my one a while ago in the wrong section sorry guys
Had a trip to Shoreham west arm
Hoping for a bream or a ray , had loads of bream bites on lug, but then had a monnnnnnster take while Lee, Steve and Andy were sitting with me , turned out to be a bass of around 5lb. Had a decent scrap to it , and very surprised as never had a bass on bluey
Ended up having a smaller one and an eel to

Come on the fish !!!

All released happily, AND with witnesses haha

Attachments

·
Registered
20,651 Posts
Well done fella....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well done BABB! Interesting you say about the bluey. While we’re all fannying around with schoolies on rag, all week I’ve been looking at the nice bass pictures in Sea Angler; time and time again you see, ‘... caught on a bluey...’
It’s that trade off we discussed before... scratch to catch or go big but risk the blank.

·
Registered
20,651 Posts
Well done BABB! Interesting you say about the bluey. While we’re all fannying around with schoolies on rag, all week I’ve been looking at the nice bass pictures in Sea Angler; time and time again you see, ‘... caught on a bluey...’
It’s that trade off we discussed before... scratch to catch or go big but risk the blank.
Rags great if you use it where there are proper bass at a given state of the tide but just to set up where it’s nice and comfy is a sure fire way to catch plenty of tiddlers.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Rags great if you use it where there are proper bass at a given state of the tide but just to set up where it’s nice and comfy is a sure fire way to catch plenty of tiddlers.
That kind of tactic has got me written all over it Mizgit. But that’s why I cone here... to learn.
Can’t be denied the amount of bass coming out on bluey though..

·
Registered
20,651 Posts
That kind of tactic has got me written all over it Mizgit. But that’s why I cone here... to learn.
Can’t be denied the amount of bass coming out on bluey though..
Depends where you’re fishing..bluey works where there is a natural occurrence of bait fish such as mackerel but in the Thames if you want to suffer for your art ....use whole squid. But you need to know where and when.

·
Registered
20,651 Posts
Next time you order bait from Ian, try and spend some phone time talking marks....no one knows the river better than him.

·
Registered
20,651 Posts
Thought better of you...what a wanker!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts