World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a lovely rod, I picked it up yesterday 6th oct, from daves tackle box in Brighton, built by Eddie ex conoflex i believe. I didn't stick with the reel seat and chose coasters over black xwrap. The rings were wiped in black with small silver and luminous green bands to finish it off. i took it to the beach today, and matched it with a abu revo stx loaded with 10ib power steel and a 30ib tapered leader.

My first cast without bait was with a 3oz breakaway flat lead, the rod loaded very well and overhead it flew away, mind you I would not to add any more weight to it. I scaled down to a 2oz cannonball and two hook clipped rig again cast overhead was a joy and the weight flew, the rod did 'nt seem to load as much as with the 3oz and although the cast went well I did not think it went quite so far.

The rod stood lovely in the rest with a nice bow, the only bite I had was a stonker but I failed to connect as my rig did not unclip.

I think that the rod is real winner particular on relatively still days with no weed, I will certainly be using it next summer for flatties and mullet upto 70-80 yards. I do fancy using 30ib braid straight through at some point but that I am told may dig in when using on a bait caster so will have to save for a 5500 ct mag, unless anyone can offer any similar multiplier alternatives.

My only criticism is to tip eye is very small and if like me, you like having a lead/trace link attached to your leader ready to go you will have to tie after you threaded it through the tip ring. Not so bad on a round multi but a bugger on a bait caster if you loose the leader through the level wind and you have to get it back through.

Rld

·
Registered
806 Posts
They are very nice rods, i had one for a number of years. The tip is amazing and sits very well in the tide, the rest of the blank is quite stiff and has plenty of power if a larger fish comes along. I would recommend the use of a 5000 size fixed spool reel loaded with 20lb braid for the best from it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I often use a baitcaster reel (Daiwa Luna 253) loaded with braid on my bass rod and like Concrete have not had any problems with line digging in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts