World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Hi Cliff
With early retirement beckonning I'm now starting to think seriously about all those other places I want to visit and fish. And Western Australia's been on my list for a long time.

I'd appreciate a local's view though on what's currently happening with the imposition of the 'Green Zones'. It sounds like bureaucracy gone completely mad? But it's easy to get a somewhat biased view from forums and angling magazines. I understand that much of the Rowley Shoals and Montabello Islands are now off limits for any form of fishing, but that now they're considering a similar ban on the Ningaloo Reef off Exmouth.
Kindest regards
Dave
www.scbi.org.uk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cliffh...I will be in Perth for December and January mate...whats about then ?

Will be bringing some gear with me..beach, boat, fly and lure and fishing all the way from Margaret River to Geraldton.

Want to get one of those stingers that swim round woodman point this time...got smashed to bits last year.

Will be fishing out of Hillary's with Blue Juice Charters and hopefully Trevor the Mighty Midget will be about to skipper.

I found a few reasonable tackle stores over there with the best being Scarborough way or there was a good one at Rockingham...any recomendations ? I am staying in the Canning Vale area but will have transport.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
:clap: Are You Shaw About The Size:bb: Of That Snaper:fish: Umm Snapper Rice An Peas:drunk:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Norin Radd

For that time of year you are right at the peak of Samson fishing. Supposedly very easy to hook but very difficult to land...have yet to try them but they are on my "must do" list!

The top skippers and Anglers in Perth post on this forum...a quick search will set you up with some World Class fishing!!!

http://www.caranx.net/forums/index.php?showforum=9

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice Samson fish - I would love to go fishing for those.... Was watching a couple of IFISH episodes on those.... Some of them can grow up to the 100 pound + mark...

The hook up's looked fairly frequent and the scraps looked tough ; lovely looking fish - i think it is part of the Jack family , could be wrong though..

P

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've fished Perth a number of times and it ain't bad but if you want good - go to New Zealand where it's brilliant!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey mate, i was in perth in 2005 and i use to go out from fremantle to rottnest island for the night. (best pub and top lady's) then leave early morning to go fishing for jewie fish, really top place, i caught a few my biggest was a 42lb, which im told by the boys was a big one!! my brother lives in belmont in perth so im back ext ear for a few month's and hoping to catch another big one, any tips where's a good spot where i can fish from the shore without catching blowy's!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts