World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just got back from a week at the newcastle area. Did some mackie fishin and got some real big ones over 2lbs mostly. Any way wondered if the SBW at peterhead had picked up yet or if they were still in good numbers up in the buckie area as don't want to waste time driving to Phead if its deed?
Your help appreciated.
Cheers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Still no numbers in Peterhead, far out and deep down. I haven't been up to Portsoy/Portknockie etc etc to see if anything is still happening up there. Hopefully some of the locals up there will let us know! :g:

·
Team Jedi
1,639 Posts
Still some Mackies gan aboot but not in the same numbers as before but a few Wrasse and red codling gan about tae worm baits

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seems like phead is a non event compared to last year. and the fact there are plenty down south and further north.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Strange beasties,,,,,, Peterheads screaming for them just now,,,,, and when they hit Peterhead they head along the coast to lossiemouth ect, YET, Me and ma mate had about 40 odd between us tonight at lossie pier, am just finished freezing then down, knackered, but the freezers filling up

·
Registered
235 Posts
When they're in, they're in....

When they're nae, they're nae!

I wis Johnny's mate at Lossie last night, ye couldna nae get mackies!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
catching mackies in the pouring rain in July, it could only happen in Scotland!!!!:eek:fftopic:

Johnny and myself ended up gutting and filletting on the pier, nae seen in a hunner year, since the fish wifies were on the go, a step back in time...!

Am I rambling?...

·
Registered
22 Posts
up at portsoy thismorning only got three, another three guys fishing aswell, they didnt pick up much either.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if the jelly fish is a good sign hope they will be in soon ! Elginloon is right if they are in they are in.

·
Registered
157 Posts
We were up at Portknockie, didn't see a thing, tide going out! Hit Portsoy about 12, we landed 8 and lost about the same...that was on low water! High would have been nice to see!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for the info lads would be great if you can keep me posted sounds like portknockie is the place.
Has anyone else landed some nice sized mak the one I got down south were huge I mean much bigger than last year by a lot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts