World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Got a question - what are the actual rules for a compo like this i.e. minimum sizes, rig restrictions, do you just keep all fish over the minimum size for weight etc - I have never fished a compo but I watched this last year and a couple of guys just dumped each small podlie on the deck to die for no reason.

Was also wondering if it was possible to keep fish alive in a bucket for the weigh in or is that not realistic?

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Give it time the sfsa will nick this from you as they did us.but just do what we do and hold our own comp on the same day as them :)

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Got a question - what are the actual rules for a compo like this i.e. minimum sizes, rig restrictions, do you just keep all fish over the minimum size for weight etc - I have never fished a compo but I watched this last year and a couple of guys just dumped each small podlie on the deck to die for no reason.

Was also wondering if it was possible to keep fish alive in a bucket for the weigh in or is that not realistic?
youll find they have stewards that are in your area,fish caught weighed,returned,unless its of decent size and in with a chance.piers not good for keep nets,but would expect a club to follow conservation rules.dont kill what you dont need.:unsure:

thats what we did with celebration of the sea.

keeping fish alive is a case of a big bucket an aereotor pump,to keep water fresh, water change every 1-2 hours.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Rules and size sheet will be giving out on the day. Size sheet is the sfsa sizes. 3 hooks maximin.6 fish max on certain spieces eg caolfish mackeral.
As for releasing the fish no most of them go on creel bait. Thats why i dont fish in the club anymore. Been saying all fish Scottish week though the past 3 years and never done it might fish Scottish week this time, maybe.
Another friend of mine goes to the matches and only pays into 1 poll this the biggest flattie,when he catches a big 1 he releases the other which is only slightly lighter in wieght. This way he only kills 1 fish as he has'nt got money into the heaviest bag or none the rest exept heaviest flat. And the weekly matches is rovers not just breakwaters.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would be a good day for anglers to have a day out with the kids too, as you could imagine if they got a few good fish and won some money and of coarse a trophy too. They would be over the moon.
hope its a bonny sunny day.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
breakwaters has been fishing pretty good since the mackeral have showed up.was fishing there the other day got 3 mackeral first cast iunside the south and a ling an hour later with the freash mackeral. someone got a decent pollock too.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1ST JAMES FINDLAY
2ND BILLY BUCKLY
3RD MARK SUMMERS COUSIN (SORRY I DONT KNOW HIS NAME)
4TH IAN McDOUGALL
WELL DONE LADS :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there was about 80 anglers in the compitition on the day ,nae bad turn out. Did,nt fish the comp myself but went down to see how everyone was doing.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well done lads - were they good returns Daz?
As far as I can remember, fish caught were

1st James Findlay - 3 Macks, 3 Coalies, 1 Dab 3.08 Kilos

2nd Billy Buckley - 3 Macks, 2 Coalies, 2 Sea Scorpions, 1 Dab 2.84 Kilos

3rd Marks Cousin - 3 Macks, 1 Cod (heaviest fish 1.7 Kilos) 2.7 Kilos

Dont know 4th place

1 - 13 of 13 Posts