World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the east end of the bay last night with Paul (curly) and Steve (mesito),

fished from about 8.30pm til almost 4am, Steve did well, with a good number of fish and species, but i'll let him tell you about that,

Paul caught but had to leave early, again i'm sure he'll tell what he had.

me ? three rods out, and only one fish :uhuh: :g: :schmoll: i tried crab, whole squid, whole joey flapper, fillets, lug, 1/0, 4/0 and 6/0 pennel pulleys and sliding ledger rigs, 3hk size 2 clipdown rigs, but still only the one fish, caught on whole squid, 4/0 sliding ledger, on the penn bass rod and abu 5000,

oh yeah, the one fish was a 3lb 10oz bass :yeah: :yeah: :bleh:

Steve definitely takes the cup though !

i'm going out again to the same venue if anyone is interested in coming.
Hugh

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice 1 Stevie....sounds like the SAS whipped TE rod butts lol...........tell me more

·
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
me mum bringed me up proper like, until me dad dropped me on me ed, i got taken to hopsital by ambience and have never been the sane since.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
After the recent Shoreham form was a real pleasure to get among some fish again and my thanks to Hugh for not only making a spot on last minute venue change, but also sacrificing the better groyne. A true host :clap3:
Was worried the wind was going to prove a problem early on, but staying slightly north of westerly kept it easily fishable.
Paul and I each started with a rockling on first cast and fish came fairly steadily from about 3 hours up from low. I just wish I'd started fishing the whole squid close in sooner as I had a terrific run first try. A classic **** up I'm afraid, left the reel on rachet with loosened drag, saw the rod heel over, snatched it up, forgot about drag, screemed line off the reel, frantically turned drag back up, lost contact and then struck. Like a flippin' novice I'd forgotten to check my trace too and my loud cursing brought Hugh over to witness me tying a fresh pennel rig.
By the end of the night managed to catch 3 rockling, 4 or 5 pout, a good sized eel, a doggie and a smoothound pup on lug, crab and squid baits (foxes took the 3 whole mackerel on size 10/0 air hook grrrrrrrrrrr).
Fishing closer in seemed to be the best tactics probably best proved by the doggie caught on whole squid at a range of no more than 30 yards! ( by now I WAS paying attention lol). I'm glad Hugh was more alert than I and his half strangled scream of joy brought me across just in time to see a beautiful perfect for the pot sized bass - did the pic come out mate?
All in all a great night's fishing with good company, what more could you ask (apart from those thieving Pevensey foxes NOT running off with an unopened pack of frozen mackerel !).
Cracking job on our sign too mate and hope you get the opportunity to see your handiwork "in action" soon.

·
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice report mate, thank you. i did enjoy it, so much so, that i'll be off out there tonight !

i got to the den about 4.15am, had another smoke and a coffee, climbed back in my floaty suit and went to sleep, or rather, i tried to sleep, damned birds and their dawn chorus, then got cramp at 6am, i must've woken the whole village with my swearing and cursing, i think i eventually got about an hours sleep, before the den opened and i blagged a nice cuppa ! very much required.

pic will follow soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts