World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone let me know hoe pevensey bay or the surrounding area has been fishing lately, planning a trip or two over the next few days, i have not been down this neck of the woods recently. will be fishing daylight only sessions unfortunatly.
cheers

·
Registered
532 Posts
Daytime can fish ok at this time of year, generaly speaking you won't get the quantity that you would get during the night though . There have been quite a few Dover soles come out of the bay during daytime sessions, along with Gurnards and the usual summer species, so it's worth a bash.

Tomorrow's looking hopefull with both wind and rain, you won't have to fight your way onto the beach.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hi M8

I've just seen your question, I fished Alices Pipe the other night,(1-2weeks ago) met a strange fellow called Simon, A little on the scary side, but I am sure he is harmless !!

We fished to the right of the pipe, CrazyPlums recommends to the left and if anyone knows he knows.

this websitehttp://www.sussexseafishing.co.uk/50.html
has some interesting info

Hope this helps

Alan

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
cheers for allthe help fellas
Hi Carpman
i fish the white horses area during the day but as the other guys have said night is definately better, any how we all catch fish along white horses end during the day most of the time, sole showing at the tower but in frequent, plenty of the usual pout and whiting beginning to show and maybe some eels, the bass are their and now with the wind blowing the surf should be good, i would suggest a whole squid and worm cocktail one at range and one close - or light with good worm and small mackeral or squid tipped strips.
With the poor weather forecast at least you should not have too much trouble with the public as the beaches do get busy in the sun due to the tourists.
I am going tonight and will post tomorrow
Steve.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi Carpman
i fish the white horses area during the day but as the other guys have said night is definately better, any how we all catch fish along white horses end during the day most of the time, sole showing at the tower but in frequent, plenty of the usual pout and whiting beginning to show and maybe some eels, the bass are their and now with the wind blowing the surf should be good, i would suggest a whole squid and worm cocktail one at range and one close - or light with good worm and small mackeral or squid tipped strips.
With the poor weather forecast at least you should not have too much trouble with the public as the beaches do get busy in the sun due to the tourists.
I am going tonight and will post tomorrow
Steve.
any black bream been showing mate?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
any black bream been showing mate?
Hi Bouncer,
i was on the beach having a barbi last sunday afternoon and a fella was fishing next to us with his kids mackie bashing, he was casting all of 60/80yds on worm and had 2 bream about 8oz - 12oz each, see was calm and a ton of white bait with gar and very small mackerel showing about 4 ft out, conditions are very different here now, just walked along the beach and quite rough and fresh westerlywind blowing, i did hear that the bream were being caught over the past few weeks but not in numbers.
The bass on the barbi were damn tasty caught the day before out of dover aboard jolly fisherman !!!
Steve.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers for the help guys, fished y.day infront of the woody yard area. only one small school bass and an eel for my efforts. Nice day out tho, if you are out the wind. Also nice to fish down this neck of the woods again.
Also made my day watching a jet bike (which had already taken out one of my lines) sink!!! sorry if this seems harsh but was very humours at the time!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
cheers for the help guys, fished y.day infront of the woody yard area. only one small school bass and an eel for my efforts. Nice day out tho, if you are out the wind. Also nice to fish down this neck of the woods again.
Also made my day watching a jet bike (which had already taken out one of my lines) sink!!! sorry if this seems harsh but was very humours at the time!!!
Oh, poor poor jetskier.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts