World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a few hours today, got the best of the weather I think although steady rain...On to the fishing, few decent whiting, a big old snotty and this little beauty

Fish Fish Seafood

First shore caught for a couple of seasons, left Paul(io) and Jim(barney1810) with supper and I think a huge rainstorm :icecream:

Hope you caught guys :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Well done mate they seem to be coming up all along the Sussex coast at the moment.

Who was modding whilst you was fishing :)

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
Fnb beat me to it... didn't think you had time for fishing anymore Martyn, well done getting yours mate:thumbs:

come spring i have a cunning plan to start off loads of arguments on here so I can grab your spot on the marina:spiteful:

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
...........mobile :sneaky2:

Yeah they do seem to be coming up all over, fingers crossed it continues :clap3:
Good come back, well done again mate

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fnb beat me to it... didn't think you had time for fishing anymore Martyn, well done getting yours mate:thumbs:

come spring i have a cunning plan to start off loads of arguments on here so I can grab your spot on the marina:spiteful:
Cheers mate....Not fished the marina for a long time, must be due a go soon and course while I'm there paint my name on MY Bay :bleh:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Went out for a few hours today, got the best of the weather I think although steady rain...On to the fishing, few decent whiting, a big old snotty and this little beauty

View attachment 148834

First shore caught for a couple of seasons, left Paul(io) and Jim(barney1810) with supper and I think a huge rainstorm :icecream:

Hope you caught guys :thumbs:
Yeah the rain did get harder. Only whiting after you left. Bet my brother went home telling his wife how he caught the cod. I'll put her straight when I see her!! Cheers for the squid:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Looks like that Cod had been eating all the pies Martyn.....super looking fish.....well done (and caught in the daylight too) :clap3:

I don't know if it's my imagination but you seem to catch an Eel every time you go fishing. I think there's something going on there :fishing:

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like that Cod had been eating all the pies Martyn.....super looking fish.....well done (and caught in the daylight too) :clap3:

I don't know if it's my imagination but you seem to catch an Eel every time you go fishing. I think there's something going on there :fishing:
Was a chunky little thing mate, its great to see a few coming up as I thought they had become some kind of mystical beast from the shore :sun:

Those eels haunt me Billy, they are payback for everything bad I have done in my life..................Few more to come then sadly :oops:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Martyn,Lovely catch, I am down tomorrow at Bay View for 4 nights with (Shakespeare) Billy from up North and Dave the Dab, hopefully the catch will be as good, need a codling for my spicies count locally.

Nice to see the cod coming so early and on a daytime tide.

Regards, TD.

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2 minutes from me Tony and hope Dave has pumped you some juicy worms...been a few around mate so you could have a good couple of days, probably see you down there sometime :thumbs:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Nice codling. I can see I'll have to get down soon if I am to stand a chance at catching my first. Very generous of you to let the other guys take it for their tea.:clap3:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Awesome cod nice one! Biblical proportions of whiting tonight in Eastbourne, treble shots every cast, even caught one hanging onto a lugworm tail with no hook in its mouth resulting in 4 on one rig (3 hook flapper). Time for whole squid baits methinks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
A couple of big fat fillets.....a nice fish. Thanks for supper Martyn

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice little codling martyn nice to see a report from ya mate :bleh:

I'll be down soon :fishing1:
Aah mate that's because while the world is chasing the hounds some of us are out doing our own thang :whistling
Look forward to it mate although looking at your latest build you may be snowed under with rods by then :thumbs:

Awesome cod nice one! Biblical proportions of whiting tonight in Eastbourne, treble shots every cast, even caught one hanging onto a lugworm tail with no hook in its mouth resulting in 4 on one rig (3 hook flapper). Time for whole squid baits methinks!
No fun when Its like that mate, Its a bit of a trade off when the ting are in those numbers at times and you have to look at alternate baits or time of day. Will be out again later and hopefully they will be thinned out a bit so at least you can keep a bait out, or at least make livebaiting a bit more attractive to anything toothy as opposed to a overflowing buffet :yucky:

Hope your wife was proud of your catch Jim :sneaky2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts