Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of fishing Pevensey this Sat.I havnt seen any reports, anybody know
whats being had?:)

All The Best
SD

·
Registered
234 Posts
just come back from fishing western bexhill - not a bite last 2 nites and have noticed 3 black flags that could be a net about half a mile out to sea stretching towards the bay - hope this is of some help - bdb

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Thinking of fishing Pevensey this Sat.I havnt seen any reports, anybody know
whats being had?:)

All The Best
SD
i've only had a couple of really short sessions (daytime too!) of late, rockling (obligitory), dab, flounder, pin whiting, school bass,

also heard of sole and plaice (few and far) in the past two weeks, still some sizable codling too,

most the decent fish are still coming in at night though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
fished there recently a few times on the flood, not much even at night, the odd flouder etc, found the ebb better, at least the whiting were bigger.

This Sat is high 14.27 Low 21.07 HT 6.6. Will be fishing the ebb, would have been nice if high was later, but still worth a bash.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I fished Sat evening for 3 hours on the tide up but got bored as no bites and didn't stay around for the best bit fo the tide, last two hours of the up.

I think I saw the bouys & net when I was pumping lug at low too - still there if it was waht i thought it was!

·
12,847 Posts
i think those bouys are the usual 'swimmers / watercraft' limit markers, too big for nets and they're the whole length of the bay, certainly from white horses to alice's pipe.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I fished Sat evening for 3 hours on the tide up but got bored as no bites and didn't stay around for the best bit fo the tide, last two hours of the up.

I think I saw the bouys & net when I was pumping lug at low too - still there if it was waht i thought it was!
We were there at the bay sat digging and fishing from low up to 10 pm.

Fished straight in front of the car park, were you to the right of us, and was it you who turned down my lovely fresh lug????????????

·
Registered
359 Posts
i think those bouys are the usual 'swimmers / watercraft' limit markers, too big for nets and they're the whole length of the bay, certainly from white horses to alice's pipe.
Oh no these are nets from the hastings fleet.Big black flags right through! I have spoken to people who operate them before although I bet someone knows better.:boxing:

·
12,847 Posts
ah right, they weren't there on sunday, not that i saw anyways, my lad had a casting lesson in the morning (early) in the middle of the bay, none there, and none at billies tower in the afternoon, perhaps they're gone already ?

·
Registered
532 Posts
No black flags there yesterday, only the limit markers, at the bay that is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts