World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me why on this site and in the sea angler magazine in the "where to fish" section has ceased to talk about these particular spots. or am i just being blind

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
dunno about sea angler or the 'where to fish" even is on this site!

there's been reports posted regularly about pevensey / normans bay. search alices pipe, white horses, woodyard etc,

on the sussexseaangling website there's a pevensey section with marks mentioned.

what exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quite a few threads recently......mostly asking has anyone seen a fish this year?:blink:
Hopefully a report will be on here on Saturday about a superb nights fishing tomorrow night...

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
can someone tell me why on this site and in the sea angler magazine in the "where to fish" section has ceased to talk about these particular spots. or am i just being blind
Hi rickhard,
probably because it has been very very quiet, i fish every Sunday night and sometimes Monday during the day.
I have caught a few fish each time but nothing to speak of, sole are nothing compared to last year, bass in the area are not showing like last year, at times i have struggled to get a bite with fresh outs or wrapped - the sea has been flat, the NW winds have not helped, there has not been any good southerly south westerly blows for some time and there are nets everywhere, i think conditions have effected the area and as Crazyplums has said the nets are making an impact, there has always been nets but this year they seem to be everywhere, crabs last year were a nuisance but this year none existant - catches have been better to the wishing well end of eastbourne due to rocky patches and the reef which cannot be netted so well, Shrimpman reports that the bait fish and mackeral shoals have not showed as much either, in all the area is just going through a quiet patch including langney.
It cannot get any worse !
lets see how this weekend fares.
Steve.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and to say that i had a good winters fish in pev and norm, not fished there this summer not had time to get out really all with getting married in june etc, but hoping to get out this fri night. i get the sea angler mag delivered every month and pevensy has not been in there for last 3 issues. but reading your report i might venture down towards eastbourne.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I love fishing down that way and really hope it improves! 2 x sessions 10 hours fishing with friends and family, 4 x pout, I know I'm not much of a fisherman but I can't justify the lovely locations for much longer.

·
Registered
605 Posts
seems more fish to the west than the east at the moment .....

congrats on getting married m8 :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts