World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the mark about an hour on the flood and tried to work the patchinko II ghost/silver over the rocky areas but I think I need a bit more practise working it. Also I kept on getting wind knots, I think this was partly down to the way I was retrieving the patchinko, so I switched to the tide minnow surf 120 holo/white.

After a couple of casts the bass started play and I hooked into this fella, the fight was brilliant, rod tip high, the braid cutting through the water and the bass trying like hell to dive deeper and deeper.

After a few more casts working different areas, bang! something alot bigger, never had a fight like it, the drag was screaming out as the bass was trying to dive under the rocks and would it hell surface under my feet. I gave it a bit of time to tire it and up it came. Over the moon with this one, definetly my personel best since I started lure fishing.

In all the excitement I tried phoning my mate and couldn't get through, put the phone in my top pocket, bent over to take a shot of the bass and the fricken phone fell in the rock pool where I had the fish. Needless to say its not working (so its all your fault tiddler1 lol!) So its either a new phone or the shimano twin power 4000fc! (the reels got the edge so far lol). An excellent evenings plugging and all fish returned safely. I also made use of the local chavs that were watching me, photographer!

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Cracking couple of bass,, they're great on the lures aint they? I think i've become an addict,:blink: LOL..

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,562 Posts
good result ,well done , keep trying up top , looked **** a prime spot behind you in the pic , try not to use the pachinco to fast ,and to hard , a nice glide across the top with the odd pause should do it , getting it rock side to side , leaving a nice wake ,will give you best results , or at least it does me , good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts