World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
little tip for anyone who does this PUT THE STONES BACK AS YOU FOUND THEM,took seahawk to 2 marks and both had been decimated and totally wrecked by people picking the crab.rocks chucked on top of weed left overturned,i know i wont be helping anybody anymore with spots,this is why we do keep our secret marks

G

·
little tip for anyone who does this PUT THE STONES BACK AS YOU FOUND THEM,took seahawk to 2 marks and both had been decimated and totally wrecked by people picking the crab.rocks chucked on top of weed left overturned,i know i wont be helping anybody anymore with spots,this is why we do keep our secret marks

Yea just comon sense you dont have to be david attenborough to figure that one out

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Hi dangler you are right to what you say i took a mate of mine to my best crab mark told him to return very thing he turns over back to how it waswe had a good day so i went there the next weekend to get more my so called mate was there and he just didnt bother and WRECKED THE PLACE hes no longer my mate so i keep my crab marks to myself now best way tight lies

G

·
where you off tomorrow we on our way up there in the morning:) :secret:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
if you tell me, i'll put the stones back, honest!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I took a group of 17 kids out on a seashore field trip to Aberthaw last Thursday. You can imagine how many stones they turned over in 2 hours, but I made it clear to them that they had to turn the stones back after. There were plenty of rocks which had been turned some time ago on to weed and man did they stink underneath.
You'd think I would have come away with plenty of peelers (especially as they had strict instructions to show me all soft or peeling crabs - for educational purposes of course!) but we only found 2 peelers and 3 softies. Still, they had fun. Unbelievably, many of them had never been crabbing before and some didn't even know what a limpet was. Thats what holidaying in the Med does for you.

The oddest thing I found was a small langoustine under a rock . Fairly sure it wasn't a baby lobster. Also found a pipefish.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I took a group of 17 kids out on a seashore field trip to Aberthaw last Thursday. You can imagine how many stones they turned over in 2 hours, but I made it clear to them that they had to turn the stones back after. There were plenty of rocks which had been turned some time ago on to weed and man did they stink underneath.
You'd think I would have come away with plenty of peelers (especially as they had strict instructions to show me all soft or peeling crabs - for educational purposes of course!) but we only found 2 peelers and 3 softies. Still, they had fun. Unbelievably, many of them had never been crabbing before and some didn't even know what a limpet was. Thats what holidaying in the Med does for you.

The oddest thing I found was a small langoustine under a rock . Fairly sure it wasn't a baby lobster. Also found a pipefish.
hehe thats the way mate get your students to collect peelers for you and disguise it as a field trip hehe.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
managed to retrieve the situation and send sea hawk on his way early hours this morning loaded with a good bucket of peelers him and his circles i dont know lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he must of had about 120 crab i gave him 80 of mine doh could have sold them lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
thanks dangler for the help and the crab:kissing:
as for the boys who have wrecked the crab marks then you only got yourself to blame when there are no crab there:uhuh: and there"s not.
my adventure is nearly over now but roll on the next bank holiday:clap2:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
:g: so are you saying that you gave this top secret bit of coast with stones on it to people on this site? or to people you know who are not on this site? as for the putting the stones back,dont need to be taught to suck eggs:g: find this post a bit strange m8.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nothing strange about the thread mate you might know to put the stones back but its obvious and sea hawk will back this some people obviously dont

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
nothing strange about the thread mate you might know to put the stones back but its obvious and sea hawk will back this some people obviously dont
no m8,like you say a lot if not most people dont.my point is 1,are these people off here 2,are these people actualy people you have personally shown the mark to 3,could these people be holidaymakers or kids messing about in rockpools.
but my main point is why post it when you know most people on this site are very aware of the enviorement and knoe to replace rocks,weed etc,just seemed like you were preaching to the converted rather than the tourist board,tis bank holiday weekend after all.:)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
yes i will back you on this and not all people know about putting the rocks back:unsure:
but got a good idea who this is but cannot prove it yet so at the mo inocent until proven guilty.
it looks as if who did it went throught there as fast ass they could so not to be seen.
stupid idiots they would rot along with the weed if a stone was left on them:yucky:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
yes i will back you on this and not all people know about putting the rocks back:unsure:
but got a good idea who this is but cannot prove it yet so at the mo inocent until proven guilty.
it looks as if who did it went throught there as fast ass they could so not to be seen.
stupid idiots they would rot along with the weed if a stone was left on them:yucky:
so you saying whoever it was did it deliberatley sea hawk? just to wreck it or some other reason. be interesting to know what theire reasons were if you find out m8.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
couldnt possibly be holidaymakers 1 they would never find these marks and 2 it looks to me as seahawk said they just went there and raped the ground as quick as they could without a care for it or anyone else,also i know that this was done at night with the use of headlamps not quite sure if it was any one i know but i do know its not anyone who knows what they are doing

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know the feeling.
It seem that lately when I've gone crabbing I seem to spend more time putting rocks back than actually looking for crabs, yet the first people to moan that theirs no crabs appear to be the ones who don't put the rocks back or leave them upside down so that the weed becomes a horrible smelly mess which nothing can survive.

Something about educating pork spring to mind. It seems that some people just don;t get the message or probably closer to the truth can't be bothered and don't care as they've got what they want.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
so you saying whoever it was did it deliberatley sea hawk? just to wreck it or some other reason. be interesting to know what theire reasons were if you find out m8.
like i said cant prove it yet but as dangler said it WAS done at night.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts