World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi these pics are a couple of years old now but I would just like to share them with you, myself and my son were fishing out from Pwllheli towards Sarn Badrig Reef when we saw this swimming not to far from our boat first we thought it was a seal but then I realised wow :eek:hmy: it was a turtle my boat was 15 feet :boat: this turtle was aprox half the length just looked so Prehistoric, we took pics and a Professor from Bangor uni wanted to know was it feeding what where the gps co-rds did it have any marks on it we went on to have a lot of black bream and a good story to tell when we got back in have a look at the pics for yourselves below :victory:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Great pics and a happy looking turtle :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently the scientists say they follow the Gulf stream and feed on the Barrel Jelly Fish the guy from Bangor sent me 2 pdf files about UK Jelly Fish I post em on a new posting

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Nice photos.Saw a program once on TV where they had aerial shots from a helicopter of a few of them just offshore off Criccieth

·
Registered
11,358 Posts
Great pics and great sighting. It's good to see the response from people. It's funny, though, how when we (as fishermen) see such things, we see it as an amazing experience. And we soon forget that these used to be very common, but have become one of the many fragile species on this planet. Get a group of activists waving their banners to protect them, and many take offence.
JonD

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Great pictures. thanks for sharing:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Great pics and To see one in the wild and not on T.V wot an Exeperience, Maybe once in a life time, I was Fishing in Colwyn bay in October in front ov the New watersports complex for BASS with my mate Micky and seen an Otter we cdnt believe our Eyes it was feeding in the Shallows quit happy and not Shy at ALL it stayed for a while then moved on...Brilliant..!!!!!!!! And it was WILD AND FREE...........................

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow what an experience that must have been. Thanks for sharing your pics.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Nice pics, its been a while since i have seen one of those in cardigan bay seen 2 in 30 years of fishing the bay and its something i will never forget.

amazing creatures

f

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have got some video on old pc of the turtle from my little CJR boat as well as these pics will try and find it and post on my days off from work also got some video of a nice sunfish just a few miles off Harlech will try and post this as well :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts