World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I live in the Isle of Man (If you didn't know it's a little rock in the middle of the Ocean) and I am trying to get started/ more experienced at fishing. I could possibly do with having a little more information on the type of gear I need and possibly some tips and tricks for the fish I'm wanting to catch.

Here is abit of background information that might help.

The fish I'm wanting to catch are Mackerel, Pollock, Bass, Cod
The location I am fishing, is off Piers, Rock/cliff edges and also Beaches.

I currently have an 8ft Spinning rod and a large beach caster however my reel has packed it in and I'm looking to buy a new one. I've had a look at some reels online and in my local fish shop but i cant tell what is going to fit my purposes. I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg but also don't want to buy something that is going to break like this one. I am looking for the best value my money can get me.

So far I've only really caught mackerel using feathers and also Pollock using a spinner, however I am wanting to up my game abit and start catching fish like Bass.

Are there any tips etc that someone could offer?
Like best the best time of day/year to fish?
Best Rigs/Spinners to use?
Am I best using spinners, or rigs with bait on while beach fishing?

Any insight into these and more would be massively helpful as I do like fishing but definitely want to take it abut more serious and catch some bigger and better fish ;)

Thanks to anyone who can help

WSF Primary Administrator.
Welcome to WSF:)

Please check out the North West regional forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts