World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm very new to this as until recently, I hadn't fished since my teens (coarse and sea in the Falkirk/Clyde area). However, last week I went to the Gairloch area with my wife and 4 daughters. We took along a couple of long long forgotten rods of mine to the Aultbea pier. Wife and kids hooked about 20 odd mackerel - and themselves in the process. :D I'm delighted that my daughters are now quite keen in staying out in bracing conditions and determinedly casting. So I'm now trying to find somewhere along the Moray Firth for a spot of the same. Any recommendations for a suitable pier or jetty?

Thanks very much.

S

·
Registered
31 Posts
I remember fishing off Cullen pier wall about 16 years ago. Caught a lot of saithe. Don't know what it's like now though.
Can anyone enlighten me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the late response - major PC trouble!! I'm in the Elgin area but would be prepared to travel up to an hour (the girls will tolerate it if the fishing sounds exciting :) ). Thanks again

G

·
I am in the Elgin area as well and Lossie breakwater is ok for mackerel and flatties. Afraid you have to go further a field for better then that. Aberdeen/Peterhead/Fraiserburgh is generally ok though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flounder_al said:
I am in the Elgin area as well and Lossie breakwater is ok for mackerel and flatties. Afraid you have to go further a field for better then that. Aberdeen/Peterhead/Fraiserburgh is generally ok though

Thanks very much! We like mackerel :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts