World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wonder if somebody can help me when fishing off pier as it is so far out can fish al the time or do u have to go with the tides.tanks

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
As long as it doesn't dry out completely then you could probably fish all states of the tide. However, ask other anglers and the local tackle shop when they reckon the best times/tides are as it may save you a bit of work. Then you can always try other times just to see if they're wrong.

Rhod.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi
check out the info on pier fishing on the main listing
its under shore fishing its very good
ive done quite a bit myself and its allways best to take at lest 3 rods so you can very distance and baits
1 big type bait fished on a zip slider with abt a 2ft hook length is allways worth a try hpe this helps
lardy

·
Registered
302 Posts
Edd.

In reply to your question. I have fished swansea west pier since the summer of 04 nearly every friday night, as yet I have never had any probs at all.

All i say is try and take any litter u may have home!!!

reguards

Russ

·
Registered
325 Posts
if your talking about mumbles pier, there are four reasonable spots,right at the top of the pier on the right hand side fishing towards the lighthouse,or fishback towards the 1st causeway with lug and squid for whiting and flatties .just before the end on the left a strip of squid on a size 2 hook and a load of coloured beads for triggers or under the monkey with live sandeel in the months when its available, or crab for bass. and another favourite is catch mackerel in the summer and use them as livebait some people clip the fins but thats a bit cruel. other than that a really big bait and belt it out, but remember your dropnet as the only place you can walk a big fish around is from under the monkey!!

T

·
0 Posts
new to this melarkie said:
Edd.

In reply to your question. I have fished swansea west pier since the summer of 04 nearly every friday night, as yet I have never had any probs at all.

All i say is try and take any litter u may have home!!!

reguards

Russ
new to this melarkie - Where you on there last friday? I was the one with the fishing rod :)

Only caught a few small whiting.

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts