World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with summer aproaching and late nights along with mackie boils the piers will fill up with undesirables once again , have you ever wal;ked along a pier filled with dread because you suddenly hear or see some neds messing about and drunk
or do you just think nothing of it
i know it bugs the crap out of me

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I completely agree with you mate. Well said, someone not affraid of showing their anger on these forums. I hate summer pier fishing now, and try as often as possiblt to venture to harder to get to venues where these scrotes do not collate.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
with summer aproaching and late nights along with mackie boils the piers will fill up with undesirables once again , have you ever wal;ked along a pier filled with dread because you suddenly hear or see some neds messing about and drunk
Personally i would not let it bother me as they have little respect for the fishing etiquet to begin with and the likely hood is that they will show you no respect or your fishing space, Best off well kept away from, if there is to be any intervention it should be of a constructive nature, If they fail to care of your opinion and they appear to be showing no respect for where they are then simply contact the authorities and let them handle it!
If police is the last resort then i guess you would have every right to contact them either under the harrassment act or for ill behaviour.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yknow its the hassle of it all ,i go fishing not fighting
everbody has the right to enjoy the summer season but the drunken louts starting fires and begging bait etc like its free just take the urine
lets hope we get some peace this year
you cant do a 999 cause somebodies begging mackie off you or asking for a try of your gear persistantley but that can totally ruin a planned outing
give them a slap and it escalates ,no win situation
again how can you tell somebody having a laugh and a crowd of louts when you aproach i guess the only way is to give it half an hour or something to get an idea of what theyre up to before setting up

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It annoys me too but I tend to give these sort of marks a miss in the summer. Also it doesn't help with me being 18, I'm a prime candidate for them to square up to most times :uhuh:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
id try to avoid those places, smacking one of em will only end you up in the nick. best off going to a mark that is out of there way. and remember what that pratt cameron said, as you could always try hugging them. twwwat!

·
Registered
11,452 Posts
locally i wont go pier fishing in the summer during the day or evening.
i prefer first light for a couple of hours before work.

the fishing is always better then and they are all sleeping the drink off.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im pretty much the same dab , but like the idea of nipping to an easy mark for a nights fishing anyway im sure the louts dont go fishing everynight
(only that one night i go out on the spur of the moment lol )
in fact i may be wrong but i think they prefer daylight
i wonder if i threw a can of special brew in the water they would go in after it ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I totally empathise with you on this one.

Phoning the police is pointless as lobbit has pointed out. If you're on your own then whacking one of them isn't a good idea either, as there's a bunch of them and if you're big enough to flatten the lot of them then they wouldn't pester you anyway.

I remember a situation that happened locally during the miners' strike. A group of miners wives used to hold meetings in a pub that was frequented by Hell's Angels, who started to pester them. The next week their husbands sat quietly at the other side of the room holding pick axe handles. Their wives were not bothered again.

I'm not saying we ought to organise armed posses to patrol the piers, but I think some solidarity and a taste of their own medicine might be the only deterrent. I can't see them respecting anything else. But the danger here is that if you're by yourself in the future you might be targetted by them.

Unless you fish in a group the only realistic option seems to be to go elsewhere. It really is a pain because you cannot plan trips and often there are no alternative marks. At one time our local docks area was open to permit holders, which kept out the yobbos, but the local authorities have scrapped these and the area is now totally out of bounds.

The only chance there'd be of the police patrolling venues would be if enough anglers petitioned them. Perhaps local angling clubs could do so? I'm not a member of one as I'm not into the competitive side of the sport, but if they were willing and able to exert some presure on the authorities then I would willingly join and give them my membership fee. Perhaps personal safety could also be used as an additional lever to reopening by permit areas closed to anglers?

Just a few thoughts on the subject, anyway.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
yes and no.

some of the macky bashers are ok, catching fish for the years bait and for the barbie.
and some of the drunks are ok, just having a good time and trying to chat politely. after all i'm sure we've all been p**sed up and found ouselves chatting s**t to all kinds of people in all kinds of places.

but don't get me wrong there are also some of them that are a pain in the a*se

TBH i think it's a case of judging a book by it's cover.

·
Registered
25 Posts
see ime only 15 but ive had this a few times when ime trying to fish piers i just simply say can u keep it down lads cheers of give them a sarcastic coment ..it works

·
Registered
79 Posts
tie 2ltrs of cheap cider to the end of your line and cast it out to sea,the neds will jump in after it ,problem solved

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I never really see any fishermen causing a problem. Sure it's busy but it's never the end of the world for me.

The only problem I have is with those bloody kite surfers. I've had a few incidents with those bastards. Once I was on a completely empty hythe beach (early summer) and this arrogant tosser with a pretty little kite and dressed like a seal pup decides to have a right bitch at me for fishing at his "surfing spot" Yes the spot I've fished for 20 years... And i've never seen you before pal! There's only miles of beach to choose from.

He decides to take to the water right where my line is and shortly afterwards I notice that I have the biggest bite I've ever seen on my rod, I'd caught a seal pup. In the end I had to cut my line before he got a legfull of lug covered hooks. :uhuh:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts