World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fishing1: hi to all.. i got some good pike on a large maggot feeder filled with bits or fish to a 12ins wire trace to a dead roach and found it very effective has any one else thied this or was it just luck thanks vince:clap2:

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Can you catch Pike from the beach? :g:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Feeders can work well slightly modified or adapted for sea fishing. There are a few threads on this. They are good for whitting, dabs and flounders, although can attract too many crabs on occasions and are prone to rolling in the tide. Defo worth experimenting with though.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Dont forget even larger female pike will and do eat tiny maggots, worms especially if its a popular stretch as well and they are used to an easy meal !

If you are targeting pike on a popular course fishery, then locate the holding spots, watercraft is the key. If its not fished regularly feed it, I personally then fish light for the smaller fish, when that dies a death I know the predators are moving ion and its time to change to the pike rod.

Contact the pike club, they are more than keen to help with advice even meet, and their page is great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts