World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there could anyone point me in the direction of any likely pike venues SE London or as close to Sidcup/Erith as possible. Im working up this way and one of my workmates who lives local wants to try fishing for a couple of hours. I have a bit of experience with tactics but dont know the area so would appreciate assitance. PMs welcome (im not expeting specific GPS locations - just a pointer in the general direction)

Cheers

Sam :£

·
TOPWATER BASS LURE ADDICT
4,877 Posts
Hi fella,

A couple of venues spring to mind :

A ) Birchmeare lake in Thamesmead, near Abbey wood

B ) Maidstone on the river Medway

Both venues have large pike with fish going over the 20lb mark quite possible.

However if going to Thamesmead I wouldn't go alone for obvious reasons without going into to much detail

Fishing at Maidstone when I used to regularly pike fish there I've done well with float ledgerd lives or popped up dead baits fished no more than 2 rod lengths out, often even closer as the margins are about 4-5 ft deep,

For more more info look here or PM me for contact number ;)

These are shots from an earlier post answering a similar question

All the best and tight lines

Stuart

·
4,877 Posts
You could go To Lakeside Diving just the other side of Dartford Bridge . give them a call as I think there is some work going on in their yard at the moment . Steve
http://www.lakesidediving.com/#/fishing/4534240927
Nice one fella, haven't seen that lake for a while now,

I can remember when Micky toomer used to run it, some big fish in there that's for sure ;)

Cheers for the contacts, that'll now be stored for future reference as I may well have a wander over there myself sometime :)

All the best

Stuart

·
4,877 Posts
There used to be a programme called Screaming Reels & they filmed it there with Mick . Did see a kid fishing it out of hours that had cut his hand trying to unhook a pike .
Cheers fella,

I'll see if I can find the video, I think the series was done with Nick fisher ;)

Stuart

·
4,877 Posts
You could go To Lakeside Diving just the other side of Dartford Bridge . give them a call as I think there is some work going on in their yard at the moment . Steve
http://www.lakesidediving.com/#/fishing/4534240927
This is a pic out of one of my many pike books,

This is Roy wheeler who used to work in the tackle box, Dartford pictured with a 38lb pike from lakeside,

Long time since I was last on the water and that was when Micky toomer used to run it , I've had a couple of twenties from there but there is still some seriously big crocs in there :rolleyes:

Stuart

·
4,877 Posts
Just to add on from last post, might be interested in this :rolleyes:

Another water I regularly used to fish was the warren at Stanford le hope which is basically east of Tilbury, Essex ,

It was also know for throwing up big lumps ( pike )

Have a look at the pic, the pike shown was a 50lb 12oz fish that was found in the margins of the lake by a group of experienced pike anglers and was sadly dying,
The pic here shows Micky toomer, Steve and Bill Palmer cradling the fish,
If this fish was in perfect health and caught on rod and line it would of easily smashed the British record of 44lb odd by 6-7lb :rolleyes:

Stuart

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
This is a pic out of one of my many pike books,

This is Roy wheeler who used to work in the tackle box, Dartford pictured with a 38lb pike from lakeside,

Long time since I was last on the water and that was when Micky toomer used to run it , I've had a couple of twenties from there but there is still some seriously big crocs in there :rolleyes:

View attachment 346178

Stuart
Hi stu update on lakeside it's up for lease
No pike hardly at all best my mates have had is about five pound
All been fished out and eaten by the poles and others
Plus u can't fish there now
All fenced of course miles to late

·
4,877 Posts
Oh right, OK bazz, that's interesting to know, cheers for the update ;)

Stuart

·
13,191 Posts
Oh right, OK bazz, that's interesting to know, cheers for the update ;)

Stuart
Someone said they want three hundred grand for the place
Bit pricy I'd say stu
Especially when there's no fish in the place
Restocking very dear nowadays

·
13,191 Posts
Just to add on from last post, might be interested in this :rolleyes:

Another water I regularly used to fish was the warren at Stanford le hope which is basically east of Tilbury, Essex ,

It was also know for throwing up big lumps ( pike )

Have a look at the pic, the pike shown was a 50lb 12oz fish that was found in the margins of the lake by a group of experienced pike anglers and was sadly dying,
The pic here shows Micky toomer, Steve and Bill Palmer cradling the fish,
If this fish was in perfect health and caught on rod and line it would of easily smashed the British record of 44lb odd by 6-7lb :rolleyes:

View attachment 346186 View attachment 346194

Stuart
No lure fishing allowed
Dead bait only
Pants
Warren stuffed with pike
Went down there last year
Every swim has a pike sitting in it waiting
For someone to catch lols

·
4,877 Posts
No lure fishing allowed
Dead bait only
Pants
Warren stuffed with pike
Went down there last year
Every swim has a pike sitting in it waiting
For someone to catch lols
Yea mate totally agree, there's some enormous pike in there, I used to fish there about 10-12 year ago and had em to 19.5lb, never did get a twenty but there were a few thirties in there and probably still has :rolleyes:

Have yer gone into a bit of freshwater fishing now bazz :D

Somehow whiting n flatties don't do nothing for me hence why I'd rather target quality coarse fish, been doing it for 35 year now and traveled most of the south n southeast ;)

Stuart

·
13,191 Posts
Yea mate totally agree, there's some enormous pike in there, I used to fish there about 10-12 year ago and had em to 19.5lb, never did get a twenty but there were a few thirties in there and probably still has :rolleyes:

Have yer gone into a bit of freshwater fishing now bazz :D

Somehow whiting n flatties don't do nothing for me hence why I'd rather target quality coarse fish, been doing it for 35 year now and traveled most of the south n southeast ;)

Stuart
No Stuart done fresh done game
Just lure now mate
But this season is a bust
Working abroad most of the year
They reckon there's a forty in the warren though

Reactions: STUART WHITING

·
4,877 Posts
No Stuart done fresh done game
Just lure now mate
But this season is a bust
Working abroad most of the year
They reckon there's a forty in the warren though
Oh right, ok mate, yea I also heard about a forty aswell, it wouldn't surprise me,
Don't even know who runs it now,
It used to owned by She'll oil company and done club membership and also day ticket,
The last time I was over there I was doing me tree work for Jim howsden of fobbing, got free membership and complimentary day tickets to fish his cat fish lake known as Jimmy's, a 3.5 acre lake with kitty cats to 50lb odd :)

Stuart

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thanks for info Barry ,thought they were just doing up the dive centre .

·
13,191 Posts
Went past it today all bounded up looks like another hotels going up
Bazz

Reactions: STUART WHITING
1 - 20 of 28 Posts