World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
screenshot_01.jpg After a chat with the staff of The Tackle Box regarding the, now you see them now you don't days, with the fish of off the Marina Walls, and with a suggestion put forward that it could be down to the piling activity around the Marina, I decided to do a bit of research. You boys of the Wall fishing fraternity might find this interesting. It would appear that the piling for the Windfarm is being done with care for the environment as much as is commercially possible. That doesn't seem to apply closer inshore in the rush to build the Brighton folly. screenshot_02.jpg

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I was regularly in deal when they were offshore piling for the farms, the locals complained when the wind swang round, and 100%of the anglers we met blamed the noise for the poor fishing inshore, I understand they have to do it, and the arms were always going to suffer somewhat, however , they only work for a while, and the evenings, weekends, are safe, and thats the only time youd get me up there anyway, I doubt very much the piling vibrations will affect the mackeral shoals, but we'll see

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
View attachment 202505 After a chat with the staff of The Tackle Box regarding the, now you see them now you don't days, with the fish of off the Marina Walls, and with a suggestion put forward that it could be down to the piling activity around the Marina, I decided to do a bit of research. You boys of the Wall fishing fraternity might find this interesting. It would appear that the piling for the Windfarm is being done with care for the environment as much as is commercially possible. That doesn't seem to apply closer inshore in the rush to build the Brighton folly. View attachment 202504
Crikey the drone from the ships on Monday on the wind farm site was horrendous..really got on my nerves...so much so I moved inshore and away from it.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
All I can say is green schmeane. Have many people thought about the amount of energy used to produce the plastic and fibre glass in one blade? Answer is far more than one wind turbine can produce before parts of a wind turbine need re placing.! Oh and three blades per turbine, plus the pole it suits on and then the machine it's self, let't alone the copper and plastic in the wire to take the power away.Food for thought peeps!

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
the noise from pile driving from the walney [s.cumbria] was beyond belief at times. the vibrations could be felt miles further up the coast. .... it seemed to have a desasterous effect on the codling and specially the plaice that stopped running up walney channel. ... its taken till this spring to see smallish codling again, but to see plaice caught from the shore hitting from the three pound and up to five pound is encouraging. p.s. i hate the blardy wind mills with a vengence.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
My point exactly. Causes more adverse environmental problems than it will ever save. Don't get me wrong I see the need for renewable energy but wind ain't it. Sola in Nevada, go forint!

·
Registered
456 Posts
We came in on a charter last week at brighton and past them piling in the marina. Wholly crap! The noise was deafening and the vibration was incredible. That is gonna cause fishing misery on the arms

·
Registered
519 Posts
No Piling going on today at the Marina but no Squid for me ? What else is there I can blame this on ?

·
Registered
705 Posts
No doubt, it must affect the fish... However, it may be a time for them to go deep and come back with a vengeance once the noise has died down again...
... Cant wait!
xxx
oh and id rather see some turbines on the horizon than 45 meter tall Fracking burnoff towers everywhere.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Ouch! Painful.
x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts