World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was anyone else fishing on the short arm today ? the pilot boat was taking the p*ss he kept cumming rite along side the pier taking every ones tackle out.....are they allowed to do this ? we pay to fish there ?

any body seen this befor ? he done about 4 runs along side the wall turning round and cumming bk to take out more lines ? it was the pilot boat of port talbot ( it sed on the side)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
:g: i think youre expected to wind in if you represent a possible problem,does sound like he was playing the pratt though.

G

·
:g: i think youre expected to wind in if you represent a possible problem,does sound like he was playing the pratt though.
you have got to wind in you lines lads.the pilot boat may have and i say MAY have had to come in for depth.eg if you were fishing down knab rock and you cast into the boating lane and i took your rod over its your fault.:boat: :boat:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have got to wind in you lines lads.the pilot boat may have and i say MAY have had to come in for depth.eg if you were fishing down knab rock and you cast into the boating lane and i took your rod over its your fault.:boat: :boat:
the pilot of the boat was taking the p*ss alright...he was doin laps of the wall ...goin out in the middle to turn around then cumming within 15ft of the wall must have done it 4 - 5 times i felt like putting on a 6oz lead and watch him sink have the last laff he he but then realised id get locked up for it so i dint do it

G

·
the pilot of the boat was taking the p*ss alright...he was doin laps of the wall ...goin out in the middle to turn around then cumming within 15ft of the wall must have done it 4 - 5 times i felt like putting on a 6oz lead and watch him sink have the last laff he he but then realised id get locked up for it so i dint do it
rules are rule.at the moment there is a lot of dredging of shipping lanes.that may explain im coming back and fore checking the depth of the water.:boat:

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
The pilot boat does one of two things.

1: During the rise of the tide, they patrol a given area taking depth readings. They then have a reliable data source for guiding ships in and out of the tidal harbour. They don't do this all day every day, most probably be a while before they do it again. I know it's a bind winding in all the time, but it's their harbour, we are their guests. ;)

2: They train other pilots occasionally in how to use the depth monitoring equipment.

To be honest it never bothers us down there, we usually float fish off the rocks and they avoid that bit. :D

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pilot boat does one of two things.

1: During the rise of the tide, they patrol a given area taking depth readings. They then have a reliable data source for guiding ships in and out of the tidal harbour. They don't do this all day every day, most probably be a while before they do it again. I know it's a bind winding in all the time, but it's their harbour, we are their guests. ;)

2: They train other pilots occasionally in how to use the depth monitoring equipment.

To be honest it never bothers us down there, we usually float fish off the rocks and they avoid that bit. :D
they even went to P*ss off the guy that was on the rocks goin rite up to were he was then full thrust backwards kicking up a hell of a swell....was anyof you lot down there wednesday ? as there must of been 30 peeps on there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts