World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had any success on these? Cast an absolute mile, and I have fished them a bit last weekend with no hits, took it off and put on a Sammy 100, 3rd cast hit by a decent fish which threw the hooks unfortunately (circa 4lb)...later that same session put the bass treats back on, fished for a while, no hits, changed to Sasuke 140 first cast wallop 3lber, four casts later wallop little schoolie of 2lb 8oz. Next session again on with the bass treats fished for 20 mins with nothing, changed to the sasuke and into a 3 1/2 within a few minutes.

I know people like the albie snax but this thing is a bit of a beast, looks nice in the water but I wonder if it is a bit too chunky.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
bit too chunky.
I've noticed those Pirate Lures ,Just after I had invested in the Albies

The Albies cast well and despite not so far catching on them reckon they have a very seductive zig-zag rolling action - and people seem to really rate them.I think it's a question of 'whats right on the night' (or day) with regards how the bass respond!

I will definitely persevere with them but if the Pirates cast better and do all the same then I would be inclined to go Pirate!

Have you compared?

Will follow this thread with interest.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Don’t have any myself but a few friends have them and as yet they haven’t caught using them .
Similar to your own findings in that they caught on other lures during the same session !

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
good lure in the right conditions,.
i was given the real thing from the states,.and fished it the same as i would a pin,..at dark..
and yes well impressed with it,even if i only had Pollock..
i used a belly waited hook and it had a lovely slalom to it,..litle taps and it darted about nicely..
i wont use them as im seriously starting to dislike the whole idea of rubber after removing a bit from a wrasse that very obviously got plugged up by a piece it swallowed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts